Walbro WT carb and Extended Intake

curtisfox

Yep walbro or the like, also for float carb with high and low jets..and ladle cercit .........Curt

curtisfox

About the same thing, LOL Were was this paper years ago when i was young, LOL I am glad you are doing it by the book and right........Curt

Akutey

Thank you, I try my best. I do recommend your method thought if your not wanting to mess around and get going quick.

curtisfox

Thank you, I try my best. I do recommend your method thought if your not wanting to mess around and get going quick.
Just what i have been taught through the years, from other old timers. LOL ......................Curt

Akutey

Update: Carb has been great in metering the correct fuel, idle to midrange sounds like a hedge trimmer and I'm able to go from a stop without peddling or engine struggling if I want. Unfortunately the top end was very lean, the heat made my chrome muffler crack at the end of the pipe. I'm happy though I got it fixed by a welder with a much better joint.

curtisfox

Glad to here that, but if the top end is lean try opening the hi jet about 1/8 turn, hate to see you burn it down. Happened to me with chain saw, had to get a new one...........Curt

Akutey

I think my carburetor is broken. So I ordered a new carburetor online and repair kits. Anyways, I have no throttle, it's hard to start, hi needle wont adjust and low needle only effects WOT. Fuel is just not moving right deep inside, I think it could be one of the tiny brass check valves are stuck.

Attachments

Akutey

Turns out it was the metering diaphragm and replacing it solved my above mentioned problem. The check valve (high speed) is still broken which does food fuel out the 4th jet during priming. I don't mind it but it could be a problem in the future.

Last edited:

Jrok

Turns out it was the metering diaphragm and replacing it solved my above mentioned problem. The check valve (high speed) is still broken which does food fuel out the 4th jet during priming. I don't mind it but it could be a problem in the future.
I've had that issue many of times with these type carbs. I think it's the alc in the gasoline . Not too kind on the rubber diaphrams . Ethyl free gas should help them last longer .