Wanna get a motoredbike real bad, please help me out!!!!!!!!

O

oh-la-la

Hi guys
Ive been riding Goped for long time and love this scooter untill rode my friend motoredbike yesterday, it blew me away. It was a perfect vehicle for me. My friend bought the bike used from a guy on the street, so he couldnt answer me how this thing actually works. I really wanna correct the information about this bike before i buy one for myself. I have alot of questions, can you guys please help me out?
1. Last night i did some research and found people sells the 80cc engine kit on ebay and from kingmotorbikes. Does this engine kit work good on the bike?
2. Can it really go 40 MPH? Can it carry 2 people on the bike?
3. Im thinkiing to buy an engine kit and put it on a 26" curiser bike myself. If just buy a $89 26" curiser bike from Walmart or Target will the engine kit fit this bike perfectly?
4. Do i need to modify the bike ., like.. change the rear spocket to get the free spin or put the brake on it? Coz the bike they sell doesnt come with any brakes.
5. Where do you guys buy the engine kit also the parts?
If you guys have any tips or recomendation on this bike please let me know. Im wanna get it so bad.
Thank you so much for your help and time.

look around the site and do some research, you will find what you need
but, if you start with a cheapie bike, expect to have some problems
the motors cause more speed and vibrations than bike are generally made for (ie: human powered v engine power)
but, a cheapie is good to learn on and then you can get a better one later on

oh yeah... welcome to MBc ! :D

I did some research already but just couldnt find to right answer. I dont think you will always find the right answer on the search button.
Thanks for the tip of the cheapie bike, will be looking forward for the high quality ones.
Thanks

azkronic said:
look around the site and do some research, you will find what you need
but, if you start with a cheapie bike, expect to have some problems
the motors cause more speed and vibrations than bike are generally made for (ie: human powered v engine power)
but, a cheapie is good to learn on and then you can get a better one later on

oh yeah... welcome to MBc ! :D

a tip about searching the forums is to use 2 or 3 specific keywords, then click the "search for all terms" button before searching...

read thru a few pages (or more, i promise you won't be bored) of general discussion, there is a lot of content about various sellers & sources. go to our "resources" page to find links to sellers who've crosslinked to us.

if you find a topic that interests you, post a reply and ask your question there. find info about bicycles in our "parts" section, again, ask your questions in an existing topic if possible.

but, to get you going in the right direction...when you shop for a bicycle to motorize, you have to ask yourself "would i ride this thing at 30mph?" (30mph is acceptable top-end for a "happy time")...yes, the kit will fit perfectly on those department store cruisers, but don't expect much as far as safety and durability goes. best to spend a bit more for stronger components. again, browsing around will give you a great idea of what you should be looking for.

One of my main concerns with my bike was stopping power.
(no one wants to see 260lbs of balding, middle aged FAT rolling out of control at them)

I wanted to use a my chopper bike but the brakes just arn't good enough yet so I used my old mountian bike for now.
My other concern was how the bike will hold up and I had to replace the tires and pedals and lube the axle bearings.
It works for now but I know I'll need a better quality bike sooner or later.

There is so much information on this site just search and read.

I slaped my kit on an old Swinn Suburban with old narrow tires and quickly regreted it. I found an old Trek Jazz Latitude mt bike, put puncture resistant tires and slime tubes on it. so far so good.

Back