Wanna know somethig

inspectorcritic

Local time
12:12 AM
I already have a gas bike but I wanted to to put on an electric front hub just to be used as a booster motor for like climbing long hills in the wind and other applications.
Some guy just laid a 48 volt 1000 watt hub on me but nothing else, but hey s**t man just look on internet found the complete kit for $100.00 very affordable dream but is it real wheel it work.
I don't want to pedal anything I don't have mix gears I just got a single third speed gear. I notice the power switch is a thumb button.
Now can I just push the thumb button to give me full electric power to my bike or do I need to pedal because after 13 MPH you can not pedal a 3 speed.

Also what kind of hours would I expect out of a charge or miles and what top speed and would it work for a booster the best to your knowledge?

You'll have to run 2 throttles or use a pedal assist sensor. I believe it's doable but your going to have a tank of a bike with that heavy hub and battery and engine on there.

What battery do you have, V and amp hours? Thumb throttle is a potentiometer so slight movement gives you say 5mph, full will give you all it has just like a gas pedal does.

You'll have to run 2 throttles or use a pedal assist sensor. I believe it's doable but your going to have a tank a bike with that heavy hub and battery and engine on there.
Ya it might be too much stress for a Phantom Schwinn might consider a Harley Davidson bike frame they have that in mind a 212 Predator fits it has the proper hight. But, being a Harley it's gonna be expensive.
Pedal sensor I'm not sure if I can make it fit from the pic I seen.

You'll have to run 2 throttles or use a pedal assist sensor. I believe it's doable but your going to have a tank of a bike with that heavy hub and battery and engine on there.
The thumb throttle I can just stick on my left hand side just deploy it when I need it as long as I can get direct propulsion, try to getaway without the pedal sensor.

Anyone have a link to a company where I can order the kit minus the hub?
Found 1 on Wish said $100.00 for the kit! I hit the buy button then the shipping came up $239.00 shipping plus tax plus other excuses kit is now over $567.00 what a fraud gimmick catch.

The thumb throttle I can just stick on my left hand side just deploy it when I need it as long as I can get direct propulsion, try to getaway without the pedal sensor.

Anyone have a link to a company where I can order the kit minus the hub?
Found 1 on Wish said $100.00 for the kit! I hit the buy button then the shipping came up $239.00 shipping plus tax plus other excuses kit is now over $567.00 what a fraud gimmick catch.

This controller does not have the display hook up but I think you can speak to them about that. https://www.voilamartusa.com/e-bike-controller-for-voilamart-ebike-kit-replacement-part.html

This is the display
and a battery you need to get.

Depending on what front hub drive you have, they may be different connectors, be sure to check.

Last edited:
Also if you speak to them and your connectors are right, ask for the SW900A display.

Inspector Thatsdax seems to be selling electrics now, maybe he can fix you up w/what you need.

Added a friction drive and other fun bits to an Ariel Rider M...In an awesome example of things escalating quickly I took the bike from nearly 40 to 70 pounds overnight. She wears it well, though.

Added a friction drive and other fun bits to an Ariel Rider M...In an awesome example of things escalating quickly I took the bike from nearly 40 to 70 pounds overnight. She wears it well, though.
Yeah, motorizing adds weight.

My Dahon on FDwas relatively light at 50lbs.

My Raleigh cruiser ballooned to 125lbs with lead batteries, then trimmed to 70, when I coverted to gas.

Then it rose to 90lbs with twin engines.

My Diamondback w/2-stroke weighed 70lbs.

My project 212cc bike should weigh 90lbs.

Back