Want a different gas cap?



I see these screw in oil caps in almost every auto store. Grind off the extremely course threads, add 1 wrap of rubber cut from an old inner tube or use vinyl tape around the neck you ground the threads off of,.... fits tight like a wine cork, highly chromed unlike the stock cap, and a star pattern too just for giggles. Not sure if anyone has a kit that takes a vented cap but if so, simply dremel a cut off wheel channel up the neck for air intake.


  • turnsigswitch.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 333
Last edited by a moderator:
What I would be really interested in is a locking gas cap. Wonder if anyone makes that.
I would like a vent tube in my cap, like the motocross bikes had. My cap vents fuel vapors under the edge that condense on my tank. Maybe I could get an oil cap like Wizard and drill a hole for a vent tube.
Last edited: