Want to go Fast! Or just want your jug to Last!

Street Ryderz

Local time
7:36 AM
Zeda U.S.A Tech has been comming out with some very interesting stuff lately! The dio reed block an 8 peddle massive reed cage and intake along with a cylinder that looks like those used by scooter engines! A sleeved cylinder and matched piston for those who want to make more power from a pp engine and not worry about losing chrome!Then there is a complete engine with the dio reed sys a jake's style head a 32mm flat slide carb and not sure but it was pictured with the chrome mz pipe!

Attachments

• zeda reed block and jug.jpg
    zeda reed block and jug.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 715
  • zeda sleaved jug.jpg
    zeda sleaved jug.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 575
  • zeda dio reed jakes style head and mz pipe,32mm flat slide carb.jpg
    zeda dio reed jakes style head and mz pipe,32mm flat slide carb.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 1,047
  • the other side  zeda dio reed,jakes style head ,mz pipe,32mm flat slide carb.jpg
    the other side zeda dio reed,jakes style head ,mz pipe,32mm flat slide carb.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 843
Any prices ? And do they only sell that stuff in the US or all over?
Yes $135 for sleeved cylinder,$225. for the dio reed sys complete,And$369 for complete engine!You can check their Face Book page,or their websites but I would think you can order anywhere!

I just have to smile at all the More Power suckers...
The best 66cc made is $135, with a good exhaust system and gears, even 3, is enough to blow away any $700 base price engine running direct drive.

I think it's cool that more stuff is available for these engines, but I have to wonder how long clutches last with that set up. So I think I'll be going with gears instead.

I just have to smile at all the More Power suckers...
The best 66cc made is $135, with a good exhaust system and gears, even 3, is enough to blow away any $700 base price engine running direct drive.
KC you are being very close minded! These zeda engines have all top quality hardware and parts their castings are of way better quality they use better cranks 17mm with 6203's and just way more suited to making more power out of !And best of all a sleeved jug that will outlast any grubee or anything else currently out there!And there is no way a grubee stock with a good pipe and gears is going to even come close to one of these!Allready guys using a tank frame with these engines and single gear are going 55mph and dont have to be peddled off the line!Things change over time it's up to us as builders to keep up on any advances that are made in the industry and be able to convey the most knowledgeable info we can to the customer or just an interested party!

KC you are being very close minded! These zeda engines have all top quality hardware and parts their castings are of way better quality they use better cranks 17mm with 6203's and just way more suited to making more power out of !And best of all a sleeved jug that will outlast any grubee or anything else currently out there!And there is no way a grubee stock with a good pipe and gears is going to even come close to one of these!Allready guys using a tank frame with these engines and single gear are going 55mph and dont have to be peddled off the line!Things change over time it's up to us as builders to keep up on any advances that are made in the industry and be able to convey the most knowledgeable info we can to the customer or just an interested party!

The quality of Chinese motors is not the issue here. Though there are some areas to improve on the standard chinagirl or happytime motor. The improvements will be incremental like the chinese quads and dirt bikes I sell and service everyday. I install bike kits now at the powersports shop I work for because I drive one like no one elses. My bike got me my job there! This hobby is growing, I personally hate kit bikes. But those that cant cobble thier own together can start with a kit and learn from there. Yes the quality will be sub par for a while but it can only get better. These chinese manufacturers are learning as they go and 12 y.o. girls cant port for beans!

The quality of Chinese motors is not the issue here. Though there are some areas to improve on the standard chinagirl or happytime motor. The improvements will be incremental like the chinese quads and dirt bikes I sell and service everyday. I install bike kits now at the powersports shop I work for because I drive one like no one elses. My bike got me my job there! This hobby is growing, I personally hate kit bikes. But those that cant cobble thier own together can start with a kit and learn from there. Yes the quality will be sub par for a while but it can only get better. These chinese manufacturers are learning as they go and 12 y.o. girls cant port for beans!
Actually the quailty of the various chinese engines is the issue here!KC makes a valid point in that the quality of the grubee kits has been and probably always will be among the best!I have been building these bikes for over a decade and have surely serviced every variation of the engine at my shop! In that time span I have seen all the little changes that have been implemented and let me say again as far as the sleeved jug goes NO ONE ELSE has anything like it or even close at this moment!Also I fully agree that on a stock engine using gearing to over come it's lack of power works very well,But when compared to a well built up engine there is a huge difference!Any way I could go on and on about that,My point is that we shouldn't over look the variants and what they are doing just because some of them have been of lesser quality than the standard!

The quality of Chinese motors is not the issue here.
Though there are some areas to improve on the standard chinagirl or happytime motor...
I beg to differ, seems to me this topic is all about 2-stroke engine quality and even seeing names like Happy Time and China Girl have no place in it except as an example of 'crap in a box'.

I am only in this topic because I have a local customer that wants me to build him a performance MB, but he is talking about wanting to use a ~$700 'racing engine' like these...

http://www.arrowmotorizedcycles.com/shop-now---racing-engines.html

http://www.shop.crmachine.com/produ...E0.p3plqscsfapp002?productId=77&categoryId=18

I looked them over, read what info the pages had, and something became strikingly clear, they are all based on a $135 Grubee Skyhawk GT5 2-stroke engine.

What that says to me:
Nobody wants to try to 'improve' a box of s**t, and that with some clever marketing you might get away with profits of 300% or more!

My customer will get a kick ass high performance ride regardless of what he chooses, my job right now is simply to point out things that are.. well.. let's just say silly before they even start to keep some otherwise wasted cash in their pocket.

Back