Wanted: Cheap 1 Gallon Barrel Tank

Looking for a cheap barrel tank to mount on my rear rack. One gallon capacity is good. Not interested in the "under the rack" China tank. Right now, I'm using a 4-liter HT tank on the rear rack. It looks like ****, but gets the job done.

Not interested in spun-aluminum tank, unless it's cheap and used. No plastic tanks either. Guys are crazy here; I don't need someone stealing my tank for scrap, or knifing my tank to steal gas.

Let's see - it needs to be resistant to both knives and tweakers, plus it has to be cheap. In that case my only suggestion is PVC.

I was outa town last week. There was an NOS metal barrel tank on craigslist for $20/bo. In another ad, that same owner was selling a 4-stroke in-frame kit for $100/bo. The next day, both were sold.

I shoulda copied the ad or called him; it was EXACTLY what I wanted.

So now, I'm looking for that same kind of tank.

PVC tank? Where can I get one of those?

Your local homebrew supply store may have 5 litre mini-kegs for $12-15. You would have to seal the bung hole on the top end and add a filler tube and outlet, but that may get you on the way.

I would look for an old tank from a larger mower or lawn tractor. Many of those were cylindrical shaped, etc., & you can fing those on E Bay , etc.

Last edited:
Back