Wanted: Tanaka 47R Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the tip, Tanaka. I hope it's a 47R, not a 47.

The 47R the only engine I want for now.:geek:

The regular 47 has a small walbro carb versus the 47R that came with a HDA large carb and a expansion pipe. You can still buy the HDA carb and expasion pipe separately or as a kit to HI-Perf the stock 47 (wich would give you a 47R type perfornmance) What are you mounting this beast of an engine to anyway???

One 47R will be rear-engine mounted on my 1976 Huffy w/3-speed hub. A Tanaka Bike Bug engine will be front engine mounted on the same bike.

Another 47R will be mid-frame-mounted, running thru 8-speed derailleur.

Holy #$%@ man i thought 1 was kinda radical !!!!
reminds me of tim the tool man MORE POWER !!!!!!
your going to end up getting the same milege as a H-2 !!!!
But man the chicks will dig it !!!

I knew it 5-7heaven, building a monsterbike again, good luck with the engine search cant wait to see the pics.

Holy Cow 5-7Heaven !!! Man, why don't you just skip all the small engines and stick a 650cc V-twin in the frame and be done with it !!! (LOL) Good Luck and keep it safe.

I Need More Power...Arrr...Arrr...Arrr!

Hawaii Ed would probably agree with me that an MB needs power and speed to safely ride the streets of Honolulu.

Reliability is important too, when you run twin engines. My pair of Mitsubishi engines NEVER needed attention. Tanaka motors should be just as dependable.

POWER! Did I mention that I had a 200hp six-cylinder Corvair engine in my 1955 Volkswagen bug?:giggle:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back