Wanted to say Hi!

Caustic Fox

Local time
11:59 PM
Hello all MB'ers. I'm Paul from northern IL. I am considering this as a new hobby to start. I don't have anything cool yet. But wanted to ask a quick question.

Is it possible at any way to mount a engine on my bike?

Thanks! Hope to get into this party by next spring! :cool:

Attachments

• 100_2280.jpg
    100_2280.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 100_2300.jpg
    100_2300.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Hello Paul and welcome aboard.

Your options will be limited with that bike. Rear, rack mounting must be possible, though.
You might have to modify the rack to make it stiff enough. But maybe there's racks available from vendors that are made for this task.

I'm not knowledgable enough to really answer your question, but I'm sure it can be done. Maybe without too much trouble.

As an alternative you could just get a more conventional bike to motorize and keep that one as a pedaller. I imagine it's good for that. It looks like a nice bike.

Unfortunately the frame doesn't best suit ICE motor instale...the only forseeable way this can be done is as above poster suggest, a rack mount-->

100_2280.jpg

IMHO this looks **** house, it totally destroys the effectiveness of the suspension by piling unsprung weight on the bikes'swing arm'

IMHO i would keep this nice bike as is, and pick up another more suitably framed bike
A bike with a trinagular shaped front half to mount the motor in. If money is tight, strip the bike and use all the components from it on a different frame.

Best of luck mate

KiM

p.s welcome to the forum :)

Thanks. I'm choosing the friction drive setup as the last resort anyways. Just wondering... do I need anything else besides the extended U-bracket when ordering from a kit?

Also, are there any vibration differences felt (While riding) in between a 2 stroke and a 4 stroke engine?

Last edited:
Back