WARNING! Cops on Rock Ridge RD Lakeland, FLORIDA

I've had unfortunate and unpleasant dealings with cops and the courts over the years. I have also had good experiences. I do not much like authoritarian types, but I KNOW beyond any shadow of doubt that in the absence of authority structures, society WILL crumble.

Now, it is my personal policy to drop by the police station and chat with officers, and get to know them when I can. I do this quite deliberately - I know that if I know them, to that same extent, they know me. I become a neighbor - not an unknown and unpredidictable possible assailant. I've made it known to various local patrol officers that I'm good for a cup of coffee just about anytime, and have frequently had the local patrol sergeant sitting with cup in hand, talking about anything and everything.

Cops are isolated, insular, suspicious and paranoid. Add to that socially granted authority and immunities, and you have a recipe for disaster, unless we as citizens understand their importance, welcome their proper use of authority, and engage them as fellow citizens.

cops
I do not much like authoritarian types

Cops are isolated, insular, suspicious and paranoid.
Add to that socially granted authority and immunities,
and you have a recipe for disaster

yes - we have to have them - but

with just a few of their not so great qualities listed above

they are also known at times -- not to make the best neighbors !!!

ride that thing Mountainman

Great words of wisdom SimpleSimon!

IMHO, plenty of societies have crumbled from too much authority. It's our nature, and too much authority is worse than not enough.

I'd rather be free to fight than safe in a cage.

That contraption is pretty blatantly NOT 50cc or less it looks like a 3.5 or 6.5 hp engine...

maybe the cops in my area deal with moped and scooter more often but they will know the difference between a 50cc and that thing.

I think that the jerry rigged looking nature of your pusher could be to blame. If I were you I would crab a can of flat black paint and paint the thing all one uniform color, which will make it look at first glance like something that was built with parts that are meant to go together... Also black is by far more difficult for them to see in low light conditions- they may miss the pusher all together.

Back