WildWillis

Local time
7:43 PM
THIS IS A WARNING IN WHY YOU SHOULD NOT INVEST IN CHINESE MOTOR (COMING FROM EXPERIENCE)
Okay, I bought a cheap $130 motor off ebay.
Casting is horrible, quick and cheap/defective.
Please look for good casting (highlighted in picture below).
BUY OFF QUALITY TRUE SITES SUCH AS ZBOX if your from AUS or Bikeberry for US.
It is not worth the pain. The motor I bought had these defective parts:
CDI
MAGNETO
SPARK PLUG
CYLINDER HEAD
GASKETS
The amount of money I have spent on REPLACING these parts is worth a quality engine. You will eventually have to swap out all of the parts just so you can have fun. I have spent:
12 hours Maintenance / Troubleshooting,
$100 on parts.
Please Buy Off A Trusted Website Or Brand.
Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    333.1 KB · Views: 431
  • hygdfh.PNG
    hygdfh.PNG
    283.7 KB · Views: 425
THIS IS A WARNING IN WHY YOU SHOULD NOT INVEST IN CHINESE MOTOR (COMING FROM EXPERIENCE)
Okay, I bought a cheap $130 motor off ebay.
Casting is horrible, quick and cheap/defective.
Please look for good casting (highlighted in picture below).
BUY OFF QUALITY TRUE SITES SUCH AS ZBOX if your from AUS or Bikeberry for US.
It is not worth the pain. The motor I bought had these defective parts:
CDI
MAGNETO
SPARK PLUG
CYLINDER HEAD
GASKETS
The amount of money I have spent on REPLACING these parts is worth a quality engine. You will eventually have to swap out all of the parts just so you can have fun. I have spent:
12 hours Maintenance / Troubleshooting,
$100 on parts.
Please Buy Off A Trusted Website Or Brand.
Thanks for your time.

A whole 12 hours ?

e65.gif

I bought the cheapest setup I could find on ebay. It works like a champ.

I didn't tighten my head bolts down until my head snapped in half though.

Last edited:
A whole 12 hours ?

e65.gif

I bought the cheapest setup I could find on ebay. It works like a champ.

I still can't believe I did that, but I did. It took me twelve hrs. to find my glasses so I could see the end of my duct tape, and make the repair.

I bought the cheapest setup I could find on ebay.
It works like a champ.
I guess we have a vast disagreement about what 'Works like a Champ' means, is all I will say say other than you get what you pay for, and in most cases I have seen, those cheap e-bay kits are just nicely boxed piles of steaming hot piles of s**t just waiting for a sucker.

But hey, look at all the money you 'saved' ($~$35) over a quality engine kit to start with so a win!

I guess we have a vast disagreement about what 'Works like a Champ' means, is all I will say say other than you get what you pay for, and in most cases I have seen, those cheap e-bay kits are just nicely boxed piles of steaming hot piles of s**t just waiting for a sucker.

But hey, look at all the money you 'saved' ($~$35) over a quality engine kit to start with so a win!

Actually, about the only thing I ended up using on the kit was the motor and carb :)

The pic of zbox motor shows wavy not straight and thin at edge crappy casting aswell! but so many of them are like this I have seen good and bad from every brand.

Dont get me wrong though these little engines are cheap yes and of poor quality but set up and used properly they have lasted thousands of miles and many years on many of my customers and personal builds!

First and only buy so far is a grubee 66cc 2 stroke. I gotta say no problems so far. Maybe 300 miles on it. Top speed right out of box was 31mph. Now I have hit 42.75 with a tailwind on flat ground and face on my handlebars only change was a 36 tooth sprocket, tensioner, and a better air filter. (26" wheels and at 7 feet above sea level depending on climate change. Haha)

Attachments

• 20160512_163036.jpg
    20160512_163036.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 346
Back