Bought my motor kit for 110 and while most of the kit besides the tank and the engine have been replaced the actual motor has been rock solid for an easy 1500 miles and doesn't look like it's going to give problems anytime soon.

Bought my motor kit for 110 and while most of the kit besides the tank and the engine have been replaced the actual motor has been rock solid for an easy 1500 miles and doesn't look like it's going to give problems anytime soon.

Just curious. Which kit did you buy?

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
So my very first HT was a very sad little black 66cc no name motor that gave me about 25mph with no guts in the exhaust. It would not make it up the steepest hill near here even with pedaling. The bike was scary, only one brake, 2 broken spokes (tensioner!), very rough. It was not dependable as bought at all. I got the wheels rebuilt at the local shop, brakes at both ends, larger tires, fatter seat for my baggage. With each change it became more of a joy to ride and slightly higher speed (28mph) I put up to better wheel bearings and motor air leaks repaired.

Did some more work on it, new stock pipe (finally arrived!) and head work. Barely broke 33 but it would now make it up that mile long hill with some healthy pedaling.

I guess my point is these are what you make them. As received this bike was an unreliable piece of sheit. I put 30 miles on it last night and enjoyed the ride.

It is what you make of it.

Steve

My bike is a 1971 hunter beach cruiser. Garage sale $ 50.00. It needed everything. Added new front and rear brakes. Brake lever that works both. Cruiser tires. Open box deal at Walmart. $9.00. Flying Horse 80/66cc. HP carb and thrust muffler. Does 40 mph. I'm on my third tank of gas. Next is do some inside the motor work and a better head. To me these motors are all cheap Chinese motors. It's up to you to make them better.

Come on now, HT stands for Happy Times ;-}
i BOUGHT A NEW CHINA MOTOR FROM MONSTER SCOOTER, ITS FINE. BUT , I WILL SAY THIS, THIER ELECTRONICS ARE CRAP.THE COIL, STATOR, CDI BOX, CHEAP AS HELL! THE MOTOR NEEDS A NEW PISTON AFTER 4 OOO MILES..THE ELECTRONICS FRY BEFORE THAT TIME,, I ESPECIALLY DONT LIKE THE FACT THE BATTERY WONT CHARGE, HOLD A CHARGE NOT ONLY THAT BUT RUNS THE LIGHTING OFF MOTOR..LIGHTS DIM, HORN SOUND LIKE A SICK DUCK.. BAD DESIGN.. I PUT A 12 VOLT SOLAR PANEL ON BACK SEAT , TOOK OFF SEAT, MUCH BETTER NOW.. MY TOUCH.. JUST KEEP LIKE 100 WORTH OF CHEAP CHINA ELECTRONICS AROUND..ON U WHEN U DRIVE , TOOLS, 20 MIN FIX ,, OFF U GO AGAIN.. TAKE IT FROM ME ,. THAT SOLVED IT...

STOP BUYING EBAY MOTORS , all chinese 2 strokes arent the same even though they may look like it , i get m motors from fastbikemotors.com
I have purchased many diff brand kits this year , All got sent back except fast bike , Gasbike sent me a genuine jet , but the case was cracked andi had to have him send me another , exterior wasnt up to par , all internal parts were good , all my new engines i put solid copper head gaskets before firing

What and how do you torque your head back down to with the new copper gasket?

THIS IS A WARNING IN WHY YOU SHOULD NOT INVEST IN CHINESE MOTOR (COMING FROM EXPERIENCE)
Okay, I bought a cheap $130 motor off ebay.
Casting is horrible, quick and cheap/defective.
Please look for good casting (highlighted in picture below).
BUY OFF QUALITY TRUE SITES SUCH AS ZBOX if your from AUS or Bikeberry for US.
It is not worth the pain. The motor I bought had these defective parts:
CDI
MAGNETO
SPARK PLUG
CYLINDER HEAD
GASKETS
The amount of money I have spent on REPLACING these parts is worth a quality engine. You will eventually have to swap out all of the parts just so you can have fun. I have spent:
12 hours Maintenance / Troubleshooting,
$100 on parts.
Please Buy Off A Trusted Website Or Brand.
Thanks for your time.
I think they all come from China with exception of a GT 80 thats uses a Japanse carb so I presume its from Japan, but I still had agonizing problems with that. I did check internet there is one or two USA made motors with crazy CC ratings look different too not very popular. The one I found really rotten piece of junk had a friction start rating of 25 ~ 50 feet start caused me nothing tears and dispear over compress snap chains so damn fast could not keep up also near zero power near zero velocity neaarly all was pedal the motor even work against me going down hill the engine slowed it down till suck the clutch get a normal bicycle speed.

Back