Warning- GEBE rant

Should I stay away from the GEBE? I'm a noob with a moon dog and a mtb to choose from. I am trying to go with a LOW maint. setup and after reading all this I am very confused now. Would really like an MB though.
If you're a heavy guy or gal, I'd personally not recommend a GEBE. If you're under 170 lbs, GEBE would probly be the best way to go. I weigh in at over 340, and I have a lot of drive train problems with the GEBE, but then again I've seen posts from guys that weigh in at 170 lbs that have the same issues....others that say the GEBE is practically flawless. I'm confused myself...lol. I suppose it's difficult to motorize a bicycle in any case without things being a bit finicky. Maybe that's what I like about it...he he...it'll keep ya tinkerin'...that's for sure!:LOL:

...lol. I suppose it's difficult to motorize a bicycle in any case without things being a bit finicky. Maybe that's what I like about it...he he...it'll keep ya tinkerin'...that's for sure!:LOL:

Truer words were never spoken...er...posted.

I see newer members on this forum who expect the engine to install like snapping 2 legos together and then expect a level of reliability comparable to a $25,000 car with fuel injection and a computer that keeps things in line. Once they get into the hobby, they learn what it is all about quickly- and that ain't it.

There are some systems which are easier or more stable than others, but this is a hobby- if a person wants something they can hop on and ride with no more thought about maintenance than the occasional oil change, this is not for them.

If you want something that, when you plan, watch, tinker, care for, modify, fab, reinvent, and maintain is reasonably reliable, then these may be for you- I am speaking of motorized bicycles in general, not any specific system.

Back