Was Given an ehub today. anyone have info?

H

Haggard

Friend just dropped this off .~~ Freebie.~~
Figures I need another project like the half dozen -half baked projects I got on the go already aren't enough.!!
anyone used one of these before or know anything about them?
Maybe I'll build an electric for the wife?

Attachments

• elec1.jpg
    elec1.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 361
  • elec2.jpg
    elec2.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 331
  • Picture 102.jpg
    Picture 102.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 337
How many wires in the cable coming out of the hub

How many wires are coming out of the hub cable??

How many wires are coming out of the hub cable??
HI .
Thanks in advance for any input . I 've never used an e hub .

It has a red and black wire , approx. 20 gauge

It also has another 6 wires small wires 24 or 26g maybe. Theres a red , black brown green and white wire. also a bare wire.

looks like you have a old shool electric motor, and a wiring mess to boot. l tried messing with the wires off an electric hub motor and it blew the controller. so, becareful when testing. red and black are power and the other six wires go to the controller. l wished you had a better cam, the pics are alittle hard to see. maybe santa will be nice to ya this year, lol. anyway let us know how it goes.........

looks like you have a old shool electric motor, and a wiring mess to boot. l tried messing with the wires off an electric hub motor and it blew the controller. so, becareful when testing. red and black are power and the other six wires go to the controller. l wished you had a better cam, the pics are alittle hard to see. maybe santa will be nice to ya this year, lol. anyway let us know how it goes.........
yeah ,lol , your the third to mention my photographical short comings.
Tho only wrighting or markings on the wheel or Hub is "SMART-E ".
Thanks for the info . Appreciate it.
~Haggard~

Haggard, I think if I was you, I wouldn't touch anything until you get a schematic and find out if it is a Hall effect throttle or the 5K ohm pot for the right hook ups. As well as the correct Voltage and Watts.

Ran across smart-e on an old website by accident the other day, but it didn't go anywhere. Are they still around?

You are going to have to get a controller before you can use this hub.

I would suggest talking to the folks at Bionix for one.

the controller is built into the hub already. it is a 250W pedelec system. the motor senses the torque on the chain wheel and automatically engages the motor.

the company is now called Bionx.

what you really need is to get your friend to also give you the Bicycle computer type thingie that belongs to this unit as it is part of the controller. it is used to turn the unit on/off, level of assistance and regen level.

these kits were built in the province of Quebec in Canada. the factory generally has a lot of spares and good customer support. you might find them a little pricey though.

rick

ps this is really an assist motor. no throttle - you don't pedal and it dosen't run.

Back