Was this kit a good purchase? also what is reed valve/ported engine, Picture included

those are descent motors thats actually the first motor i ever bought in 2016 id suggest atleast pulling the head off and look m8ne needed some tlc in the ports they hit it but not entirely on mine left some casting ridges still and unscrew you clutch cable holding little thing under the inttake and check for grease im sure youll need some and behind the bucking bar and a little between your clutch sprockets not much and personally i never used that carb i still ggot it actually you might need to guy the jet kitt if you plan to use it i change over to the OZ Reed and used the dellorto sha 15.15 clone carb and eventually the Mikuni VM18 when i could afford one they usually run around 60-80 bucks depending on your source i ggott mine from Nichecyclesupply.com seeing as they are in st. petersburg florida and if i had any issues i could just drive to them only like 40 miles from me they not the cheapest but guarenteed great qualitty and their very fast at ggetting you what you ordered on time or quicker other than that should be a solid little motor especially seeing as i paid 299$ for it and you paid half that and gasbike is still selling them for 339$
https://www.gasbike.net/collections...g-engine-kit-66cc-4-5-hp-with-ported-cylinder

Last edited:
View attachment 86931Bought this kit for 150$, is it worth it? also it says it has a reed valve and ported engine,what is that?
Not bad engines. Like Sloppy said the carb. will most likely need to be jetted up and the ports usually could use some de-burring/ chamfering, but they are usually amply opened up. This is easily done with a strip of emery cloth and your finger Around the holes that the rings pass over. While the ports are opened the porting that they are referring to in this particular engine is the third port added at the intake side to make the reed valve effective. Top is a normal cylinder. Bottom is a three port cylinder like yours.
View media item 60567
View media item 60553

Last edited:
doesn't that give that flimsy chrome plated cylinder wall some where to start peeling?--I say this because the other 2 ports are/were there from casting,...... PRE-plating. the third one you show was dug out post-plating. so the edges are exposed base metal. double-YIKES--now that I think about it,...the rings don't go that low in the bore,..right?

yeah Viking. I didn't want to have 30 one-line posts all over my man's thread.

Last edited:
doesn't that give that flimsy chrome plated cylinder wall some where to start peeling?--I say this because the other 2 ports are/were there from casting,...... PRE-plating. the third one you show was dug out post-plating. so the edges are exposed base metal. double-YIKES--now that I think about it,...the rings don't go that low in the bore,..right?

Think you need to learn a little more about the 2 strokes.

yeah right.jpg

thanks for telling me,..bro. thank god you told me,.. bro. i'm so glad you found the time to tell me that,..bro. I'll get right to work on that.

Last edited:

No more than opening up and raising the exhaust port does when porting. I've done 100's without that being a issue, and yes the rings only come to just below portion of third port abv. intake port, but you still get the feed of charge from case that you wouldn't get from a boost port alone. Some folks in the know say it performs better than a windowed piston. I have only ever used the 3rd port reed setup so I can't say for sure, but it makes sense because the skirt is covering the path of the charge for a brief time in a boost port only cylinder.

Last edited:
ok... just an observation from afar. thanks.

Last edited:
im running a zeda80 cylinder ported as big as i trust getting it without compromizing the seals and its got the transfer walls removed and a third transfer port ive got it runnning with a wide opened windowed piston like this one below and i like how it moves now once warmed up i had to jet my pilot back to the sttock #30 i know when i put new batterries in my Runleader Tach it was hitting 12k just sitting on the kickstand idling at 1200rpm but im skinny to so i dont need much torque

Attachments

• 27398988_575954242743344_351790945_o_1024x1024@2x.jpg
    27398988_575954242743344_351790945_o_1024x1024@2x.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 134
Back