Was this kit a good purchase? also what is reed valve/ported engine, Picture included

have a question tho,, compared to a normal cylinder, will the extra boost port change where the peak power happens or make gains across the whole rpm range?

in my experience it felt like it stretched the powerband both ways but still feels like it hits peak power around 20 mph from there it sounds like the second chainsaw in this video till around 55mph

Last edited:
That picture looks very much like this which includes a Mukuni clone carb and a CNC clone 4 peddle reed valve for which they want $70. --->https://www.ebay.com/itm/GT80-Reed-...640303&hash=item3abcf72df9:g:GakAAOSwQtJcpTbt
Also, it must have a windowed piston like this one which costs $15---> https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORIZED-...428737&hash=item3f7668261f:g:XEcAAOSwfVpYvfCP
Also , it has what looks like a FredHead clone that had to be at least $50
The rest of the engine looks pretty stock for around $80 although if it's been ported than there was an added labor cost

$150 new?? Yes, it's a great deal!! However, be aware that the engine might not last as long as a ported stock china girl, also, you will get better performance but much worse gas millage using that carb and reed valve, don't expect 100 miles per gallon.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I've went 60km/h on my motorized bike with minor port job done by me with a file and some sanded head.

thnx,,sounds like with just the transfer mod alone it'll wake a motor up but still not break the bank or suck the gas can dry lol. I like broad power but shy away from top end only mods

View attachment 86931Bought this kit for 150$, is it worth it? also it says it has a reed valve and ported engine,what is that?
I bought one identical to it from gazbikes think it lasted 6 months blew the cylinder right wear they grind down the ports. Bought another ported jug it never fired up again. Had to trash it but $150.00 is a good deal cuz I think I paid twice that, looks like they are having a clearance sale to get rid of it cuz they don't last very long.

They emphasize this is not for street use or something else not to be place on street but for racing only. Well that's about what my yellow sticker read to release them from any liability.

But, maybe you should drop your stock exhaust get one with more wind blow it's possible that it backup the compression being ported and all crack the cylinder.

Back