Wasting tires away

Potato_In_Exhaust

Local time
7:03 AM
OK, when I had my old motorized bike a few years ago, I remember that thing ate up tires soo quickly because of pedaling the bike and then releasing the clutch to engage the motor! I've seen how some folks start the bike by holding the rear off the floor, kick the pedal downwards then releasing the clutch.......... how the hell do they do that?!!! Either the bike has very little compression, or they can leg press half a ton of weight at their local Planet Fitness center. Is there a way around this? I don't want to keep shelling out money for rear tires!

OK, when I had my old motorized bike a few years ago, I remember that thing ate up tires soo quickly because of pedaling the bike and then releasing the clutch to engage the motor! I've seen how some folks start the bike by holding the rear off the floor, kick the pedal downwards then releasing the clutch.......... how the hell do they do that?!!! Either the bike has very little compression, or they can leg press half a ton of weight at their local Planet Fitness center. Is there a way around this? I don't want to keep shelling out money for rear tires!
Lol I've tried that trick, lmfao I usually kick the bike loose from my hands or I about break my leg. Lol I guess it takes practice like anything. Oh its comical watching me trying to do the kick start thing.

Maybe you would like a center stand.

That's how I start my Whizzer I put her on the center stand then kick the pedal,
She starts up on the first kick Of course she is tuned properly

Pic of my center stand
DSCF7128.JPG

This Whizzer center stand is $70 but there are other center stands out there for under $30
Whizzer center stand is the strongest on the market

Attachments

• DSCF7120.JPG
    DSCF7120.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 103
That stand will work better on my 2 stroke bike, it will give me alot more ground clearance. The stand on my 4 stroke bike looks almost identical to the 1 @DAMIEN1307 recommended, but both legs fold at once & split on each side of rear tire. It's a good heavy stand but leaves room desired for more ground clearance.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That stand will work better on my 2 stroke bike, it will give me alot more ground clearance. The stand on my 4 stroke bike looks almost identical to the 1 @DAMIEN1307 recommended, but both legs fold at once & split on each side of rear tire. It's a good heavy stand but leaves room desired for more ground clearance.
Start eating more ;)
Its the exact same stand i have been using for a few years now...When my Huffy frame broke almost 2 years ago, i just transferred it to my Hyper frame...Still solid and strong fter about 4 or so years now in constant use.

And you pay less now than what i paid back then...its on sale for only 20 bucks right now...lol.

Back