Wasting tires away

Not many miles at all, probably because I do a lot of stop and start with the motor since it didn't hold idle but still...... it was ridiculous how quickly the tire wear out. I suppose a centrifugal clutch would solve the problem but, I'm not about to fork over money for that. I do like the center stand idea though.
Stop using cheap, run of the mill, standard type tyres then...They will not perform well except on regular bicycles that the usual speed is about 11 MPH...Yes i spend approx 50 dollars per wheel using Kevlar reinforced tires and ultra thick slime filled tubes...BUT ITS WORTH IT...never a flat in seven years and extremely long tire life since i started using them rather than the soft, cheap, crap rubber type, Chinese tires that come with them or the cheapy replacements that you can buy...Enough said...lol.

Don't bet your life on cheap, crap, tires...good ones just might save your life.

Not many miles at all, probably because I do a lot of stop and start with the motor since it didn't hold idle but still...... it was ridiculous how quickly the tire wear out. I suppose a centrifugal clutch would solve the problem but, I'm not about to fork over money for that. I do like the center stand idea though.
Get your bike in tune, the idle should be 1500 rpm. If it runs perfect, picking it up by the seat and pushing down on the pedal should get it started. I've done it hundreds of times. With short T-Rex type arms I always use the rear rack to lift the bike, I find the seat a little high.

I agree tires need to be above the mill bicycle tires, I run kevlar continentials with sunlite thorn resistant tubes. Never had a flat either, so I would say bite the bullet & allow yourself $ 100+ dollars for tires. Buy once! Cry once!

OK, when I had my old motorized bike a few years ago, I remember that thing ate up tires soo quickly because of pedaling the bike and then releasing the clutch to engage the motor! I've seen how some folks start the bike by holding the rear off the floor, kick the pedal downwards then releasing the clutch.......... how the hell do they do that?!!! Either the bike has very little compression, or they can leg press half a ton of weight at their local Planet Fitness center. Is there a way around this? I don't want to keep shelling out money for rear tires!
We all just buy 300 sets of tires a year. I bought stock in continental tires, I'm rich now. I spend it all on tires though. Already on my 6th set and it's only the 9th day of the year.

Not many miles at all, probably because I do a lot of stop and start with the motor since it didn't hold idle but still...... it was ridiculous how quickly the tire wear out.
It also depends on what surface you are riding on. Are you riding down gravel roads and shoulders or are you traveling down nice bike lanes?

I learned when I was young about cheap parts and doing my own car work. Autozone's cheapest brake pads might have a lifetime warranty, but you'll be changing them routinely as well.

OK, when I had my old motorized bike a few years ago, I remember that thing ate up tires soo quickly because of pedaling the bike and then releasing the clutch to engage the motor! I've seen how some folks start the bike by holding the rear off the floor, kick the pedal downwards then releasing the clutch.......... how the hell do they do that?!!! Either the bike has very little compression, or they can leg press half a ton of weight at their local Planet Fitness center. Is there a way around this? I don't want to keep shelling out money for rear tires!
It could be that your tires are not straight and your pushing or dragging your tires sideways, chain might be flipping off to.

Back