Water cooled head!

Spare_Parts

Local time
4:28 AM
Something I just randomly stumbled on. It's a 47mm head for the Puch big bore cylinder. Not sure if there is enough meat to drill it to fit. Maybe racers could use it. Would be great for the show off crowd.

https://www.treatland.tv/MLM-puch-water-cooled-head-47mm-GILARDONI-kit-p/mlm-lc-head-puch-003.htm

MLM-LC-head-puch-003-3T.jpg

I was thinking about elec water pumps, something like those used on PC's and wrapping the jug with copper tubing between fins. this would be really cool even if just for the bling. I always liked Treatland but never bought from them.

they say the bolt hole pattern is 44 x 44mm. I don't have a 66cc to measure. People have used Puch heads on 49cc I've read on the other forum, with elongating the holes a little. a 48-49cc is 41 x 41 and ~58.4 diagonally.
maybe it's bolt-on for 66cc with 6mm studs??

bolt hole pattern is about 44mm x 44mm. do NOT attempt to widen holes, it will go through the surface! most likely like 99%
Do not buy this if it doesn't fit, you cannot mod the bolt holes. Removing any material will probably open up the water channels and make it leak. People have used Puch cylinders, that would be the way to go if you want this head.

I guess you could retap a stud smaller with a die or maybe there are studs with an m8 end and a m6 or m7 other end,,
yeah not advised to machine the holes! but it has to be 1-2mm before hitting the water jacket.
little bit advanced to run different jugs on a CG! I'd like to play with them. anyway, this head is $109 on sale. kinda hefty esp if you end up gumballing it haha. Puch jug on a CG? wonder if it'd fit a Stihl or Husky. ppl have done those cylinders I think

Pretty sure the 66-69 are 45mm centers. That would put you 1.5mm into the outside wall of the holes.

You could JB weld it if you go through the wall lol

I contacted Puchshop.de asking for technical specs, maybe they can give me a diagram??
who knows we can get a supply of these in the US if it looks feasible

oh they are in cali. for some reason I always thought they were UK based
derr :p

Back