Water damage??

Dom17463

About 4 months ago I started working on my first bike, I kept having trouble with aligning the damn chain and sprocket and then my bike got rained on so the magneto and electric coil is more than likely shot. It’s been 4 months and I just dug it out of the garage to try and fix it cuz I don’t wanna waste 100 bucks. Is it possible that the system has dried out and is functional, or should I buy new parts, and does anyone have any tips to align the freaking sprocket so the chain doesn’t pop off every time i try to get it going. I’m asking because I don’t want to waste any time if this thing ends up being a total loss

Tyler6357

If the chain is too tight it will come off the sprocket easier. It should have a good amount of slack in it. Try to use the chain tensioner to guide the chain in the correct path, you might have to bend it a little bit to help it line up. Once you get the chain on, you can attempt to start the engine and see if it will kick over.

Dom17463

I have a spark as the engine is rumbling when I try to start, however the chain keeps launching forward and part of it gets jammed in the small clutch gear. If i fix that somehow i think I’m good

CrazyDan

Fill in the extra space around your output sprocket with jbweld so there is nowhere for the chain to get jammed.

Dom17463

Just to be sure, are you talking about the area where the red smudge I colored in is, because the chain gets lodged in that area