Water damage??

Dom17463

Local time
4:34 PM
About 4 months ago I started working on my first bike, I kept having trouble with aligning the damn chain and sprocket and then my bike got rained on so the magneto and electric coil is more than likely shot. It’s been 4 months and I just dug it out of the garage to try and fix it cuz I don’t wanna waste 100 bucks. Is it possible that the system has dried out and is functional, or should I buy new parts, and does anyone have any tips to align the freaking sprocket so the chain doesn’t pop off every time i try to get it going. I’m asking because I don’t want to waste any time if this thing ends up being a total loss

If the chain is too tight it will come off the sprocket easier. It should have a good amount of slack in it. Try to use the chain tensioner to guide the chain in the correct path, you might have to bend it a little bit to help it line up. Once you get the chain on, you can attempt to start the engine and see if it will kick over.

I have a spark as the engine is rumbling when I try to start, however the chain keeps launching forward and part of it gets jammed in the small clutch gear. If i fix that somehow i think I’m good

Just to be sure, are you talking about the area where the red smudge I colored in is, because the chain gets lodged in that area

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back