Watercooled motobicycle help

So small update for my project. Got the custom 25h 47t sprocket just gotta grab the azusa go-kart jackshaft mount. Staying with the stock shift kit for now, will need to make a custom guard for the 36t sprocket. Found out that it is a polini 6.2hp clone engine. Gotta run an electric water pump cause a pnumatic pump won't always run unless hooked to the tire, a battery and a pump is easier for me. Got a v1 of the rear mount 3d printed, gonna finalize the design then run it down to the sheet metal shop to fab. Then gotta get the front mount finalized. But this project is coming together, I'm not bailing! Will post pics when it is mounted on my frame

Got a little update on my project. It's been a couple months but I got the mount finally designed:
20210608_151437.jpg

Also got the custom drive sprocket:
20210608_151401~2.jpg

And got the tranny side chain sized:

20210608_151303.jpg

Here's a whole bike picture:

20210608_151418.jpg

And here's the front mount:

20210608_151453.jpg

The whole engine is in very solid. It took a little denting my frame and bending the exhaust end but got it in all straight. Once I get some spacers for the drive sprocket to hold the jackshaft together and get the drive chain shortened the transmission will be complete. But it pedals and spins the chains well. Then I still gotta hookup the radiator system, which will need a large 12v battery for the e-waterpump and an inline thermostat to control the on and off switching of the pump. Gonna use a metropolitan radiator and a Chinese pipe style for a secondary radiator. Then reconnect my fuel system and hookup the Killswitch. The mount was the hardest/ most expensive hurdle but now it is all getting close. More updates coming

Got a little update on my project. It's been a couple months but I got the mount finally designed:View attachment 105643

Also got the custom drive sprocket:
View attachment 105644

And got the tranny side chain sized:

View attachment 105645

Here's a whole bike picture:

View attachment 105647

And here's the front mount:

View attachment 105646
The whole engine is in very solid. It took a little denting my frame and bending the exhaust end but got it in all straight. Once I get some spacers for the drive sprocket to hold the jackshaft together and get the drive chain shortened the transmission will be complete. But it pedals and spins the chains well. Then I still gotta hookup the radiator system, which will need a large 12v battery for the e-waterpump and an inline thermostat to control the on and off switching of the pump. Gonna use a metropolitan radiator and a Chinese pipe style for a secondary radiator. Then reconnect my fuel system and hookup the Killswitch. The mount was the hardest/ most expensive hurdle but now it is all getting close. More updates coming
You're going to have an issue with the carb, that angle isn't even going to feed the jet any fuel. If you make a little adapter to turn the carb to the side, it will probably help you with a couple issues. The first being the angle and the second being able to get it on and off to tune, and the third being able to bin it and get a real carb, LOL!

Nice project! I hope you don't actually intend on using that pipe, it's way too restricted for that engine, and yes you will also need to address the carb issue but looks good otherwise.

Yeah took the carb off and it fits better feeding through to the other side. It's pretty much straight up and down now
16232197191932336835424114316189.jpg

I'm gonna get a better one anyways with the throttle cable and Killswitch this is just for demo purposes. And as for the exhaust, I can mod it if I need to eventually it's just something to start I can cut and weld in a bigger expansion pipe and exit hole but I needed something flexible to fit the frame it was the easiest way

Back