wavy's golden eagle review!

W

wavygravy

i cannot begin to tell you all how pleased i am with the golden eagle robin subaru engine & drive train! the shipping was absolutely impecable, & the detailed instruction book was great, but ya really didnt need it because its so simple to install. this system is so smooth, quiet,greaseless & trouble free it blows me away. an easy 28 -30 right out of the box pullin 2 on our tandem! today i filled up at the pump for 55 cents the looks i got were pricelss!! oh yes totally american kit. if its the last thing ya do in life as motored biker please ride a golden eagle, you wont be disapointed! & no im not a vendor!! just a very pleased customer!!:D:D:D

astring,

if you browse the gebe website for accessories at the very bottom of the engine page, you will find they have extra long throttle cables just for tandems, the kill switch is an easy mod. just snap in an extra length of wire at the connection that is already prewired to the engine. problem solved.

Eho 35 Robin is great

I have a 35cc Robin belt drive on a 7 speed Pantera Beach Cruiser, that is wonderfull. It cruises at 25 mph with the throttle backed off. Quiet running with good performance. Since I was new to motor bicycle set ups, I thought their price on the kit was too high. But after recieving it and riding it, it is worth every penny for it.

I have a 35cc Robin belt drive on a 7 speed Pantera Beach Cruiser, that is wonderfull. It cruises at 25 mph with the throttle backed off. Quiet running with good performance. Since I was new to motor bicycle set ups, I thought their price on the kit was too high. But after recieving it and riding it, it is worth every penny for it.

I agree, once you ride it is clear why it cost more than those chain drives....and there is absolutely no comparison with friction drives.

How well does that engine push your tandem uphill? Do you have to pedal at all?

ok gang hers the dealeo!! this thing rocks, yes i have to pedal assist with the tandem 2 up, but with 7 gears its opens up a whole new realm in hill climbing, & pedal assisting up to 30+ mph is fast & furious. when im by myself das limo flies! i put on probly 100 miles today & is my behind sore, switched seats when i got home! this is "the" engine & kit that all other sellers will be envious of. the extra expence is well worth every penny! friction drives ect fail in comparision. epa compliant & american assembled!i had people actually fly ahead of me to flag me down to try & buy the bike, i said no but well build ya one!!! golden eagle rocks!

golden eagle nirvana!

oh my god this kit begs to be ridden, im sitting on my keester this morning & i get a call from don at 8 am. hes been rideing sence 7am. & says hey ya ready to go? i sez heck ya! now this is from 2 die hard happytimers who never get goin before 10 on the weekends. the gebe bug has bitten us both real bad, no more big blurry objects in rear view mirror, no vibration! were sore old geezers from putting on lots of miles this weekend!! insted of being sore from kneeling on the floor to keep our happytimes rolling! & its all been a learning experience i whouldnt trade for anything! its hard to believe im talking about a bicycle like this after being a hard core motorcycleist- racer all my life. but this really brings back the cool in cycling , after all another yuppie on a cookie cutter harley is not cool anymore! even the cops wag there tails at me now! tee hee! & as for the donster hes still the begining of the motoredbikes.com thing & he still doesnt know it, he dont have time to turn on no stinking puter hes tweeking hes bike man!

Attachments

• IMG_1751.JPG
    IMG_1751.JPG
    383.8 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_1752.JPG
    IMG_1752.JPG
    331.4 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_1742.JPG
    IMG_1742.JPG
    308.8 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_1743.JPG
    IMG_1743.JPG
    304.2 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_1747.JPG
    IMG_1747.JPG
    433.9 KB · Views: 390
Last edited by a moderator:
pics are at coffee-hut/info-pavilion on willapa bay

i knew they were out there somewhere...i didn't hear a word from either one of 'em all day :p

wavy...what a totally cool post, and a great gallery, ya caught don at his best :cool:

Last edited:
hey there zevo! that thingy on the mount is my blinky led light. im not afraid to go 10 miles from home anymore like on the old ht, its so liberating, the subaru robin is the bomb!!

Back