We are Launching a Revolutionary New Cruiser on Kickstarter!

Hmmmmm...ignorance is an interesting thing isn't it?
I hear you - I will stay off the boards with the updates we have been posting.

I guess many of you don't know our company or our reputation.
We have been supplying unique bikes, parts and accessories to the cruiser industry since 2005 and have many thousands of satisfied customers. We serve a market that many have chosen to ignore and have spent lots of time and money bringing items no one else will to assist our customer in building cool bikes. And it is a labor of love - not a lot of money to be made.

With respect to Kickstarter - I recommend anyone with doubts check it out.
If it is used the way we are it provides new projects a platform to launch their ideas.
In our case, we are certainly not scamming anyone. If you took the time to look you would see that any pledges get "rewards" in return. And if you pledge to get a complete bike you get one. Not sure how that is a scam.

And finally, I can respect that everyone has their own opinion - if you don't like the bike we designed thats cool.
It is a little rude to be so negative but hey, if you are hiding behind the anonimity of the web I guess you can act any way you want.

Oh, and I know there are many people on these boards that ARE fans of what we do and probably not chiming in because they haven't read this thread or don't want to catch any grief. No worries - that's cool too.

Only Visiting.

It's carp like this is why I'm using the OTHER site a lot more. Cycles US has been in business for a while now selling parts a accesseries for the "cool" bikes. They started in 2005 as Choppers US, and if they were scammers they would be out of business by now. The dude is putting together a hand made bike, using nothing but quality stock, and ya wanna give the dude grief. Even if ya think his design isn't original enough, it's still a solid, very cool looking bike. And if ya think it's a scam, then don't send him any money,(duh.):rolleyes:
A lot of members on this site are just getting WAY to petty and childish for my taste. Some members show no respect to others at all. Hence my move to Motorbicycling.com. I still check in here once in a while to see if the site has evolved, So far??????
Big Red
AKA "fatdaddy" Elite Member on Motorbicycling.com.

It's carp like this is why I'm using the OTHER site a lot more. Cycles US has been in business for a while now selling parts a accesseries for the "cool" bikes. They started in 2005 as Choppers US, and if they were scammers they would be out of business by now. The dude is putting together a hand made bike, using nothing but quality stock, and ya wanna give the dude grief. Even if ya think his design isn't original enough, it's still a solid, very cool looking bike. And if ya think it's a scam, then don't send him any money,(duh.):rolleyes:
A lot of members on this site are just getting WAY to petty and childish for my taste. Some members show no respect to others at all. Hence my move to Motorbicycling.com. I still check in here once in a while to see if the site has evolved, So far??????
Big Red
AKA "fatdaddy" Elite Member on Motorbicycling.com.

Don't get so all full of yourself. You got an opinion fine, others have the same option. There's a difference between SPAM and scam. Other sellers register here as vendors and are up front about it. I object to someone skirting that issue and making it sound like it's a public service to inform about kickstarter when it's obviously about pitching a business venture and raising money.
This doesn't need a dedicated thread and doing so is IMO an ongoing spam campaign.
BTW, you think it's an awesome bike. that's your opinion. Myself I see a heavy, overpriced toy with bad frame geometry that, contrary to the claims made, would be misery to pedal more than a few blocks at a time and little "revolutionary" about it other than self-promotion.

Last edited:
No need to argue on our behalf. If we broke some rules we apologize. Please feel free to have the site admin delete our postings and if need be our account. We were not trying to create any trouble.

Hi Cyclesus -

I saw your video. Press on with your endeavors and pay no attention to those naysayers who have nothing but hot-air criticism. I'm sure that a guy named Schwinn caught a lot of jeers in his early days as well. I know a guy named Ford did (more than typical history books tell). Neither invented the first of their products; they made their products the best for a market niche and adapted.

Your design is good in my not-so-humble opinion. Time and feedback from customers will tell you what they would like to have in future designs. I suspect some riders with less leg length will ask about a shorter design, but I see you are targeting the taller guys. And guys like me (heavier than average) appreciate larger diameter tubes for physical strength and better welds. You will evolve as you see fit.

I ride an engined mountain bike. My only comment: The seat is too high for easy mounting and dismounting. (That is my fault.) The lower center of gravity design you have would be more suitable for me. With a really wide, cushy seat, I'd find a suitable 4-stroke engine, gears, brakes, controlled chain bounce, etc., for my taste, and then take it out for long, leisurely rides. And the first place I'd look for some of those extra items? The bicycle builder store, of course.

Stay on course. I hope your sales go well.

MikeJ

It's called respect.

All I'm saying is that you can say the bike ain't yer style without calling it po po and calling him a scammer.A spammer? Maybe. People have lost the art of polite conversion and proper edicate while doing so. If you don't like the bike then DON'T BUY IT. Personally, I like a heavier frame and it wouldn't be for everyone. If it was, everyone would be building it. You may not like the bike but you should respect the person. And Richard, isn't this a MOTORIZED forum? Who wants to peddle?
And again, Really? youtube?
Big Red.

Last edited:
And Richard, isn't this a MOTORIZED forum? Who wants to peddle?

Peddle means sell and that's certainly what this thread is about. If you mean pedal, then I suggest you read the kickstarter text on this project again since it's being touted as a "revolutionary" cruiser bicycle and not a motored bike.
There is a one mention among the paragraphs about being a "platform for motorizing" but as many of us know without the crossover into bicycles, that wouldn't kick start much of anything, lol.

Hi Cyclesus -

I saw your video. Press on with your endeavors and pay no attention to those naysayers who have nothing but hot-air criticism. I'm sure that a guy named Schwinn caught a lot of jeers in his early days as well. I know a guy named Ford did (more than typical history books tell). Neither invented the first of their products; they made their products the best for a market niche and adapted.

Your design is good in my not-so-humble opinion. Time and feedback from customers will tell you what they would like to have in future designs. I suspect some riders with less leg length will ask about a shorter design, but I see you are targeting the taller guys. And guys like me (heavier than average) appreciate larger diameter tubes for physical strength and better welds. You will evolve as you see fit.

I ride an engined mountain bike. My only comment: The seat is too high for easy mounting and dismounting. (That is my fault.) The lower center of gravity design you have would be more suitable for me. With a really wide, cushy seat, I'd find a suitable 4-stroke engine, gears, brakes, controlled chain bounce, etc., for my taste, and then take it out for long, leisurely rides. And the first place I'd look for some of those extra items? The bicycle builder store, of course.

Stay on course. I hope your sales go well.

MikeJ

Thank you for your kind words and support. We truly appreciate it. We have been in this business since 2005 and worked hard to bring new products to the market. Along the way we always hear negativity from wannabes and naysayers as we have encountered here. But we have pressed on and will continue to do so.
Again, thank you for your support and well wishes.
Alan

Back