We got us a runner!

MechMike219

Local time
5:47 PM
Happy new year everyone! Let me just start by saying this... I was wrong to trash talk the 49mm steel sleeved. I literally just slapped it on a new bottom end, took no measurements whatsoever.. I know, whatever, I'll do it later. lol. But, good lord it's fast! I couldn't think of a better way to send 2022 out other than a wristfull of throttle just singing that sweet 2stroke tune! This one's gonna get me in trouble.. I can feel it.. I haven't even put my FMF Fatty pipe on it yet.. stay tuned 😉

72cc Chinesium Brapbrap 49mmx38mm stroke. Kx80 clone carb. Modified bicycle-engines.com expansion chamber. NGK 8mm race wire and boot. NGK BH6S. Fueled by Sunoco GT Plus 104

Attachments

• 20230101_000028.jpg
    20230101_000028.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 59
Happy new year everyone! Let me just start by saying this... I was wrong to trash talk the 49mm steel sleeved. I literally just slapped it on a new bottom end, took no measurements whatsoever.. I know, whatever, I'll do it later. lol. But, good lord it's fast! I couldn't think of a better way to send 2022 out other than a wristfull of throttle just singing that sweet 2stroke tune! This one's gonna get me in trouble.. I can feel it.. I haven't even put my FMF Fatty pipe on it yet.. stay tuned 😉

72cc Chinesium Brapbrap 49mmx38mm stroke. Kx80 clone carb. Modified bicycle-engines.com expansion chamber. NGK 8mm race wire and boot. NGK BH6S. Fueled by Sunoco GT Plus 104
You can still trash talk them. I think the biggest issue with the iron sleeve cylinders is one of consistency. One to the next the ports are all different and most need cleaning up, the squish gap is generally a long lost dream, and they often come so dirty and gritty they look like they got dropped in the scrap shavings.

Sweet. Happy New Year

You can still trash talk them. I think the biggest issue with the iron sleeve cylinders is one of consistency. One to the next the ports are all different and most need cleaning up, the squish gap is generally a long lost dream, and they often come so dirty and gritty they look like they got dropped in the scrap shavings.
Well.. they're Chinese.. I've come to learn that if I don't hold such high standards for them I won't end up being disappointed. Lolol... But yeah, I agree tho. It took a lot of effort just to get it running the first time I had it together.. which I'm starting to think most of that was a bad cdi or stator or combo of both.. had it about 2 years. The cylinder itself was horrible. Casting trash, untapped exhaust bolt hole, and even some leftover sand from the casting mold. Tbh I'm not even sure the sleeve itself is in there correctly but hey, it runs! Quite well too, I'm actually looking forward to taking it back apart later to do a little bit of port work and see what else I can squeeze from it.

Back