We Need A Welcoming Committee!

G

gone_fishin

no way the staff can handle our everyday chores and steer new members in the right direction with any sort of tact, we're stretched too thin and have to get to the point and move on to the next case...anyone want to try to form a welcoming committee that will sort of liase between the new folks and staff during those first few posts?

please?

A

Alaskavan

I'm willing to intervene in that manner, in an informal way, if and when I notice such posts.

G

gone_fishin

thank you...informal would do...and staff would be willing to point out the potential problems, allowing you and others to PM the person and get everyone on the same page. it's usually only 1 or 2, maybe 3, out of 10 new members...but, boy, when it hits, it hits hard.

anyone else?

S

Scottm

I'd like to give it a shot. You might pm me some specific instructions.

G

gone_fishin

well, we will work that stuff out...maybe gather a few important links for new folks...not sure yet whether to designate the committee official or what...even tho it'd be informal, staff would need to count on firmness & consistency, but i'm sure some regular folks (do we have "regular folks" here? ;) ) could be a lot nicer than an overworked admin or moddy...just got in this morning and will think on it today...

your ideas, posted here, about how you think it could/should work are most welcome.

azbill

I think this is an excellent idea augi !
saves us moddies from getting upset about the little things, so we can concentrate on the important stuff

one badly placed or already asked 100x question, bums me out and puts me in a 'mood' :D

M

minibiker

i would be willing to help i feel that i know the site fairly well i have been through alot so far (well mabe not so much compared to you guys) i also know the bikes very well i think all i would need is a set of instructins or guidelines

A

Alaskavan

How about a forum area specificly for asking for assistance in finding threads dealing with specific topics? Just a thought.

G

gone_fishin

huh? :confused: :LOL:

you lost me, all i could think of was snappy answers like "it's called search" or "read the forum captions"... ;)

anyways...the problem i see is that (many) new internet folks aren't kennin' to the idea that a forum is not a chat or a blog, and it isn't a myspace thingy...certainly not a craigslist. forums operate in a certain way, MBc is a forum, and it's a forum that's run in old-school fashion in order to actually get things done :cool: :cool:

i saw what you did earlier...yaknow, i think more senior members are going to start doing that too. because it's about time you all, the ones who stick, claimed your stake in MBc. folks wanna come in and ask you all for help, then they can do it the right way :-/

3 beers doin' the talking (i'm in for the night)...too harsh? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: