Weak Sounding Horn on my Whizzer

S

Scooter

I've searched to no avail. I have a 1999 Classic that has a weak sounding horn. It sounds like it's about half the volume that it should be. Any suggestions or ideas would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Horn

Hi be sure that your connections are good, and then loosen the screw with the ljamb nut on it on the back, and adjust your horn till you like the sound

Mike

Anybody put a refillable air horn on their bike before??

I'd like to put the fear of God into people from time to time by making them think they're about to get hit by a derailed train.

Anybody put a refillable air horn on their bike before??

I'd like to put the fear of God into people from time to time by making them think they're about to get hit by a derailed train.

I have an air horn on my big bike.
For a motored bike, just add a twelve volt source, like a small motorcycle battery, a 30. dollar Stebel, and your **** on wheels :devilish:
Making noise is fun.:D

If your battery is bad or needs charged the horn will sound really poor because the alternator is supplying the voltage. If the horn sounds different at higher RPMs, check the battery.
Have fun,
Quenton

Thanks to Mike and Quenton. The voltage was in fact low on the battery and is being charged as I write this. One of the connections at the horn needed cleaning and also may have been causing a problem. I will update after the battery is charge and I can test.

Jim

I went to the local auto parts store, purchased a slightly larger, and much louder 12 v auto pancake type horn- I Love it! It's much better than the O.E.M. as far as volume I.M.H.O.

Well the snow has just about melted and I had some time to check out my weak sounding horn today. Checked all connections and charged the battery, was down to 9.6 volts. Still not very loud. I turned the horn boths ways with little if any inprovement. There is also a small screw on the back of the horn so I also turned it in and out and again no improvement. If you guys can think of anything else I could try I'm all ears.

Jim

Hi Jim,
Almost any small 12V horn will work, but if you want the Whizzer replacement the part number is #38110 and retails for $8.60 and can be ordered through any Authorized Whizzer dealer.
Have fun,
Whizzer OuterBanks
Quenton

Back