Weed eater build

I have this 4 stroke Troy bilt super bronco weed eater motor I want to do a friction drive build for my roadmaster mt fury how would I go about this it looks the same as the 38 cc kits you see and I want somehting I don’t have to spend much money on just to mess with here are pics of the motor and bike I will be using

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 2,206
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 216
ive done this with the 2nd gen of 31cc 4 strokes. you take off the clutch, starter, and most of the front housing (cutting is required, cut all the plastic that isnt the cooling shroud) you should have the flywheel visible. get a 1/2 black iron pipe nipple, about 1 1/2 in long, chew it up with a grinder,(extra traction) and put it over the shaft, grab a 3/8- 24 nut, and some washers, and clamp her tight. than get some angle iron, or c channel, attatch them to the metal mounting ears of the motor, so you have 2 going straight down. deflate the tire, and put the weedeater assy, on the bike. mark where you have to cut the metal "legs", and bolt of weld to it to the bike frame, pump up the tire. it will be pedal to start, and break or kill switch to stop. my top speed is 28 mph.

You can also contact David Staton. Let him know you already have an engine and what it is.

4086.jpg

You can also contact David Staton. Let him know you already have an engine and what it is.

View attachment 181045
I decided to come back to this build, earlier today I got a 54cc sears chainsaw running and I am thinking since I have a 3 sprocket crank if I remove the plastic around the clutch then attach a chain from the clutch on the motor to the sprocket on the crank then the engine spins to crank, and my crank still has the bike chain attached to the rear wheel with a derailer then I will have a 5 speed motorized bike, I saw someone that did this I will post a link to there video, but do you have any advice on mounting the engine?

I decided to come back to this build, earlier today I got a 54cc sears chainsaw running and I am thinking since I have a 3 sprocket crank if I remove the plastic around the clutch then attach a chain from the clutch on the motor to the sprocket on the crank then the engine spins to crank, and my crank still has the bike chain attached to the rear wheel with a derailer then I will have a 5 speed motorized bike, I saw someone that did this I will post a link to there video, but do you have any advice on mounting the engine?
Are you wanting something like my bike?
20221126_004015.jpg
20221126_004120.jpg

Back