Weed Eater Motor Flooding

That's prolly just the idle screw. Turn it towards L, & try cranking it to see if it'll still rev as high.

I'll admit I don't have the greatest 2-stroke knowledge, but I don't see what it could be other than a leaky intake. I'd like to know what the problem is, tho.

Perhaps some of the links under the "Advanced Maintenance, Repair, & Tuning" for carburetor section will help you figure out how to change your air/fuel ratio. Dunno if that'll really help with this problem, tho.

EDIT (Doh! I forgot the link): http://motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=110505&postcount=17

Barring an intake leak, I second keatonx's diagnosis. If the engine has been sitting for a while and the fuel inside the carb has had a chance to varnish up inside it then you also will be battling partially clogged fuel passages. This will cause a lean condition which will cause the high engine speed and eventually the carb will starve for fuel and the engine will shut down.
Also, with today's modern ethanol blended fuels the rubber flap valves as well as the rubber diaphragm will get eroded and delaminate screwing everything up. A rebuild most likely is in order and is easy enough to do. Still, before tearing into the carb, check for a leaky gasket between the carb and intake. It is the easiest to diagnose and repair.

Back