Weed Eater Motor Flooding

codi79

Local time
1:23 PM
I've got a Weed Eater motor, around 20cc and when I start it up I give it some gas it'll stall on me soon later. Also if I start it up and don't touch the throttle it'll stall too. So it seams that if I give it some gas it stalls on me and if I don't give it any gas it makes no difference, it still stalls. I'm not sure where to start and i figured someone could lead me in the right direction.

I'm afraid I can't help. Right now I don't know enough about these motors. I have a bunch of weedeaters that I intend to put on bikes, but right now my knowledge is limited.

Does the carb have H-L screws??? If so Turn both screws all the way in , then turn the low screw 1 full turn out then the high screw 1/2 turn out. It worked for me, hope this works for you.

Well I know it has a H (high) screw and it has an idle screw. Is the idle screw the L (low)?

Does the carb have H-L screws??? If so Turn both screws all the way in , then turn the low screw 1 full turn out then the high screw 1/2 turn out. It worked for me, hope this works for you.

Most of the time even if im not even touching the throttle the motor will rev really high and then bog down and stall.

The H and L Screw screw is not for IDLE. There should be a seperate screw for that, look at the end of your throttle cable. It is attached to a lever. The lever is spring loaded, Now when the lever springs back it hits the ( IDLE Screw ). Post a pic of your Carb if you can. More than likely the screws got moved from stock. Once i fiddled with my screws(made about 4 adjustments) then got it to go smooth without bogging down when i gave it full throttle. Does this help> http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=8498

The H and L Screw screw is not for IDLE. There should be a seperate screw for that, look at the end of your throttle cable. It is attached to a lever. The lever is spring loaded, Now when the lever springs back it hits the ( IDLE Screw ). Post a pic of your Carb if you can. More than likely the screws got moved from stock. Once i fiddled with my screws(made about 4 adjustments) then got it to go smooth without bogging down when i gave it full throttle. Does this help> http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=8498

Okay there is only one screw, not sure whether or not its the H or L . There is also an idle screw that meets up with the throttle. Im not sure if the one screw is the H or L. It has L on one side and H on the other. Take a look at the pic.

Attachments

• P4020008.JPG
    P4020008.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 1,595
  • P40200010.jpg
    P40200010.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,372
Last edited:
Back