Weedwacker bike weight limit?

Andrew88

Local time
8:22 PM
Hey guys, I’ve got quite a question. For the people here who have built a weedwacker friction bike, I was wondering what the maximum weight limit those little 28cc motors can do? I’m a pretty hefty guy at 230 pounds and want to build one, but would it push me?

Thanks,
Andrew

The more weight you have the more cc you need to have, but cc is all a joke they don't make a
80 cc they do make a 49cc that is 1cc below legal limit of 50cc so if you look at a 66cc from the other side say orient its 99cc that makes up for the 1cc in reference that its legal at 49cc cuz 50cc would come under law regulations.
Me I don't care about the cc it's the horse power that's going to do the work not the cc. So is working out for your weight?

The more weight you have the more cc you need to have, but cc is all a joke they don't make a
80 cc they do make a 49cc that is 1cc below legal limit of 50cc so if you look at a 66cc from the other side say orient its 99cc that makes up for the 1cc in reference that its legal at 49cc cuz 50cc would come under law regulations.
Me I don't care about the cc it's the horse power that's going to do the work not the cc. So is working out for your weight?
Sometimes I think Russia hired you to trollollol the Americans. While the reptilians were injecting you with that mind control syrum did you happen to see my missing bag of popsicle sticks?

Hey guys, I’ve got quite a question. For the people here who have built a weedwacker friction bike, I was wondering what the maximum weight limit those little 28cc motors can do? I’m a pretty hefty guy at 230 pounds and want to build one, but would it push me?

Thanks,
Andrew
I haven't built a weed whacker bike but I thought the thread needs at least one sensible reply lol.
My first motorised vehicle was a 27cc mini scooter, and with my weight which is similar to yours it was able to accelerate reasonably and climb reasonable inclines with the gearing it had, but that gearing obviously limited top speed, around 20-25mph, above that the little engine was revving its nuts off, which quickly killed it.
Having the ability to pedal along with the engine power you should be able to get a better top speed with still reasonable acceleration and climbing, as long as the friction drum has sufficient traction on the tyre.

I haven't built a weed whacker bike but I thought the thread needs at least one sensible reply lol.
My first motorised vehicle was a 27cc mini scooter, and with my weight which is similar to yours it was able to accelerate reasonably and climb reasonable inclines with the gearing it had, but that gearing obviously limited top speed, around 20-25mph, above that the little engine was revving its nuts off, which quickly killed it.
Having the ability to pedal along with the engine power you should be able to get a better top speed with still reasonable acceleration and climbing, as long as the friction drum has sufficient traction on the tyre.

All true i have a Bike Machine Motor sold back in the 50's it is about 35 cc, friction drive. Pulls my 230 # around with ease. about 25 mph. ....Curt

Thanks, I think I’ll give it a try! If I can engineer a way to make the friction drum swappable, then I can adjust the gear ratio perfectly. Thanks for the reply!

Sure would be nice if they still made this kit, this is what i have. The roller is about 1 1/8".....Curt

zM4snguijKaM80Z5f9KedvzoVgDXnKxfnvWBUmKU7Y4RXAYg9cXGlsiWCxeMHnSqOrOAM45heEm2gj2K7BUmfwHuLlQVyFgYQBCCFmdvcsCqecJZO7jEFL0vxuTysHCl3wAijPoO_uBeDMol6nxP6Hpfnxla2oJjQTO6LqaCf7VwlYxcjHlr1FznJ1FZpE6K22fn_o8w_A1mFj7InSD1bIGJ-KF8janz9XOWIUSIvDfMXYaDXLJL9VRuF8RHoUhYSoQA3QmxARC8WqWZvFodsj26g34Z5OtXVmYecDsj6unmZj6nzRZdd7rMuaARmhW1Oocei3IIgmD76HhxyWF7dKCS5F3nqOsnXpGZnXGM89w55XNPwDH8Nr4xipRbgNwNjPKIuR0jpdhoO8WHYPtPKguZcPPYv_hHnupzPM-2PbZ5MGQdTEr4raEwKerF8HUjEhUEGTNqhHM3Nh8vaBzjtmwf9g9jecGHAvhCN3liisCZhLPUzWXScY7b1vlE67wnS8Hb2n20ePkiaWP_s7NhnY4KPsb1Swy_4KlN14RjqGOkSpY-Ti38wPXSqRjWNJfxy4U0X-R2ywO_wCRAtY-oZvidCsnBr7jevs9GkRBA=w702-h947-no

Wouldn't have one without clutch, come to stop and motor just idles till you give it gas. Motor also lifts off wheel for pedaling......Curt

Wouldn't have one without clutch, come to stop and motor just idles till you give it gas. Motor also lifts off wheel for pedaling......Curt

Thats pretty handy, my idea was to have a direct drive spindle on the weedwacker, but have the engine on a pivot to act like a clutch.

Back