Weekend at the workbench

My ears are burning. šŸ˜

I think Jaguar didn't actually do the radial drilling but had the idea, or I asked him if it would work and he gave me his calculated figures for depth and diameter of the drilled holes which would definitely help a great deal with the vibration compared to leaving (the old style happy time) stock (though may well not be optimal balance).
The reason I drilled radially was to avoid the need to split the case and remove the crank and reassemble it all again. This made it a very easy and quick modification, with little to go wrong. Maximum return on the work invested.
I did not fill the holes. I suppose I still could if I calculated how much larger they need to be made to achieve the same balance when filled.

I have been checking in on this thread so I'm sorry its taken me so long to say this, expected someone else would have said.. but Chris, your piston is ramped on the intake (ring positioning pins) side.
Good morning Furry. Im curious as to why you think my piston is ramped backwards?

My ears are burning. šŸ˜

I think Jaguar didn't actually do the radial drilling but had the idea, or I asked him if it would work and he gave me his calculated figures for depth and diameter of the drilled holes which would definitely help a great deal with the vibration compared to leaving (the old style happy time) stock (though may well not be optimal balance).
The reason I drilled radially was to avoid the need to split the case and remove the crank and reassemble it all again. This made it a very easy and quick modification, with little to go wrong. Maximum return on the work invested.
I did not fill the holes. I suppose I still could if I calculated how much larger they need to be made to achieve the same balance when filled.

I have been checking in on this thread so I'm sorry its taken me so long to say this, expected someone else would have said.. but Chris, your piston is ramped on the intake (ring positioning pins) side.
Hey Furry, thanks for the input. You had me second guessing. I just double checked and your right. When I ramped that one I was going by the arrow on the piston. I've just gone thru all my pistons. And the arrows mean nothing. The guide pins for the rings are not in the same places. Some poisons they ate on the arrow side and some they ate on the non arrow side. My original piston has the ring gaps on the arrow side. My assortment of replacement pistons have some on the arrow side and some on the non arrow side. Im really glad you caught that and had me second guessing. I've just gone thru my pistons and marked which is which.

Back