Weekend at the workbench

So the wheel weight idea is a no go for now. I tried shaving them down a bit but they are small and hard to hold onto. After the third one flying across the shop I abandoned the idea for now and went with the standard JB weld around the bearing boss. I made a mould out of a spray paint cap, placed over the journal and filled with JB weld let harden and sand to a pretty finish.

Managed to get the bottom end back together tonight.
Case is stuffed, new bearings installed, crank and clutch shaft have been slip fitted to the bearings and new crank seals. Hopefully tomorrow night the top can go back on and I can get a compression test done.

Here's where my OCD kicks in. One of the head studs has the end with the longer portion of threads in the case. I know it doesn't matter, but I still got to have all the short ends at the case. Next thing you know I'll be swinging a dead chicken around over it and giving a good luck chant.:rolleyes: Can't wait to hear this one run.

Here's where my OCD kicks in. One of the head studs has the end with the longer portion of threads in the case. I know it doesn't matter, but I still got to have all the short ends at the case. Next thing you know I'll be swinging a dead chicken around over it and giving a good luck chant.:rolleyes: Can't wait to hear this one run.
I didnt even notice. Thanks for pointing that out. Im going to have to fix that..

I see your crank's drilled radially and filled in? won't high rpm's fling it out? seen lots of drilled cranks on the side, (axially). just curious, bcs I'm about to balance a crank

Back