Weekend Project

MoonKS

Local time
11:36 PM
Howdy all. Well, this week everything came together rather well -

Today I received my white tires - the Halo Twin Rails in 24 x 2.2. I also picked up a pair of Summit puncture resistant tubes - and a pair of heavy duty rim liners.

Since I have chrome fenders on the Whizzer now, I opted to go with black - so I have a black rear fender from Whizzer and a black shorty front fender I purchased at a bike shop locally.

I also finished the work on the manifold. I cut it in half - I drilled it appropriately - I polished the tapered hole to a mirror and glass smooth finish - I have the 26mm carb on which is working great!

I got in the new K&N filter for the 26mm - I was using the one for the 22mm on her - but it doesn't have the surface area I wanted. To tell you the truth, the stock NE5 22mm filter is purty - she is tapered and looks very nice. The new larger one is not tapered and is not as aesthetically pleasing.

I have my new fuel line and fuel filter, I also got the spring coil for around the fuel line. And at Bill G's suggestion, I found a spring coil for around the breather tube since he noticed it kinking up in my photos.

So this weekend it comes all together - cross my fingers and knock on wood it will go smoothly!

Funny, none of this stuff seems like "work" at all - it's too much fun!

Regards,

Matthew

Well, I am done for now -

I replaced the chrome fenders with a black Whizzer fender and short black fender I got on eBay. Not sure how I like the look of the short black fender - is it even worth having on there...

The Halo Twin Rail tires in white are nice - 24 x 2.2. They ride on the twin rails as you can see in the photo - the ride is super smooth and fast - and when you corner it is when you get into the tread on the side - and it grips really, really well.

I have super thick thorn resistant tubes - and boy you could tell the difference. The stock tubes from Whizzer are so thin...if you have those CHANGE THEM RIGHT AWAY!

And the Halo tires are puncture resistant as well - the only thing I wish is that they didn't have blackwalls - I really wanted an all cream colored tire...but these will do fine.

New handlebars, new hairpin springer seat, new tires, new fenders - that's about all I can really do right now to make her my own.

Attachments

• June 2008 034 (Medium).jpg
    June 2008 034 (Medium).jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 349
  • June 2008 024 (Medium).jpg
    June 2008 024 (Medium).jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 287
Good looking bike Matthew...(especially since it looks a lot like mine)

You need another mirror now!

Hi all,

Bill - the manifold isn't on yet - It is cut in half, drilled appropriately, but I need to polish the inside hole.

Butch - those are standard moon cruiser bicycle bars I bought at a local bike shop.

Sadly, I am not that happy with the new look - something about the look of the tires bothers me - I know it's the fact they have blackwalls - I wanted ALL white or cream tires - but they just don't make 'em in 24". And I think the chrome fenders looked a little classier...

Who knows... :)

I think we all know these things are never truly "done"....I like it though.

Back