Weight your pulling

chainmaker

Local time
9:57 PM
I am wondering, on a regular basis what kind of weight (bike & rider) people are pulling with thier motors , what kind of speeds are you getting, and what motors you're using.
Cheers
Chainmaker

I pull a kiddie trailer with my 2 granddaughters in it :)
well over 10K miles (3700+ on my newest kit)
the total weight I would estimate at 110-120lbs (trailer + 4 + 6 yr old girls)
I am only about 150lbs and my newest bike (a stretch beach cruser)is a tank of a bike, and probably weighs close to 80lbs

all of it adds up to around 350lbs !!! (wow, I never totaled it up before !)

up until last May, I was using various makes of 2smokes on a few different bikes
since May, I have been using a 4cycle kit with 2 different transmissions
(2600m with an EZM 'SilentPower' manual, and the rest <1100+m>with the new EZM Q-Matic auto)

Bike and rider approach 300 lbs. Use a 66cc 2-stroke Nantong engine (nothing special about it). Max speed was 33 mph on the flats at 6200 feet above sea level. That is around 5000 rpm using a jackshaft from Sick Bike Parts. The gas is 50:1 with Amsoil synthetic oil. The engine runs fine on this mix. It is the mounting bolts that keep vibrating loose.

MikeJ
960 miles and waiting for warmer weather

Just rough numbers here....I'm about 180, and the bike is around 60, so that's 240 pounds. I am using a Staton chain drive kit powered by a Mitsubishi TLE43. My max speed ever was 40.75mph, but my typical cruising speed is between 30 -35 mph.

Warner

My combo:

Bike = 30 kilos (66 lbs)
Trailer with cargo = 35 kilos (77 lbs)
Rider = 74 kilos (163 lbs)

Total = 139 kilos (306 lbs)

Fabian

I don't bother with a motor

Attachments

• china bike.jpg
    china bike.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 132