Weird handling on my electric bike, feels slippery, and bumpy

Vikingimike01

Local time
1:10 PM
Hey guys! I have an elecric bike, a stealth bomber frame, with a complete pitbike front end, meaning the shocks, pitbike wheel, brakes, handle bars, etc. connected to the frame. I had a "crash" half a year ago (long story, someone set a wire trap and i saw it, braked too hard) and flew over the handle bars at about 30kmh or 18-19 mph. Ever since, the bike has not been acting the same. I don't know if its the front end doing it or what is, but it feels bumpy at over 15kmh (9mph) and the faster i go the more bumpy it gets. Like i'm riding on rocks. Also, when im turning, it feels like the front part wants to slip out, and it wants to steer to the right a little (but it is pretty noticable) and I don't know whats up. The whole front end feels sketchy and unstable at over 30kmh.

What could this be? Probably bearings right? Anything else? Should I get new shocks?

Hey guys! I have an elecric bike, a stealth bomber frame, with a complete pitbike front end, meaning the shocks, pitbike wheel, brakes, handle bars, etc. connected to the frame. I had a "crash" half a year ago (long story, someone set a wire trap and i saw it, braked too hard) and flew over the handle bars at about 30kmh or 18-19 mph. Ever since, the bike has not been acting the same. I don't know if its the front end doing it or what is, but it feels bumpy at over 15kmh (9mph) and the faster i go the more bumpy it gets. Like i'm riding on rocks. Also, when im turning, it feels like the front part wants to slip out, and it wants to steer to the right a little (but it is pretty noticable) and I don't know whats up. The whole front end feels sketchy and unstable at over 30kmh.

What could this be? Probably bearings right? Anything else? Should I get new shocks?

Have you checked the headset for cracks and the fork/steer tube for broken welds or cracks?

Bad tire bead wire/wires?

I'll need to check that tomorrow, but no I didn't. I didn't see any broken welds or cracks, and i don't know about the tire bead

How do I check if the fork tube is bad? I take it out and push down on it see how it acts?

Both forks tubes should have the same resistance The bad fork tube will feel weaker and the bike will dive to that side when putting on the brakes

Do you have hydraulic (spring and oil) forks, Or do you just have spring forks

Either way ya might of broke a spring

If ya got hydraulic forks and one of the fork seals is leaking oil that can cause it to act funny too. But it usually wont act as bad as ya say it is.
But when replacing a fork seal ya get to check the fork tube parts and look for problems

i have spring and oil forks, and the seals arent the best, its not leaking but the seal protector keeps falling out of place and sliding down (its an upside down one)

The seal protector (dust cover) isn't no big deal, Maybe you can use RTV and stick it back on. Or get new ones
Is one fork tube weaker than the other? Does both tubes have fork oil in them?
From what you described I think ya might of broke the spring in the right tube But IDK I can inspect the forks myself

Back