Weird handling on my electric bike, feels slippery, and bumpy

get your machinest to make some of these bad boys?
Woah mark, that is actually amazingly helpful! Something like that should work! I'll see if he can do it, thank you.
never knew i could be so excited about a piece of metal lol. Finally no wobble and i feel safer on the pitbike front end lol

Its an old guy so i need to go there with my head set straight on what I want.

Should I get the bearings swapped out just in case? Oh also. Theres no bearing covers on the pitbike wheel so anything can get inside, this is a problem cause i had to wash it out multiple times and re grease it, but it gets grimy.

Hey guys, I took off the handle bars already but heres some pics:
IMG_20210313_094822.jpg

The suspension:
IMG_20210313_094831.jpg

IMG_20210313_094840.jpg

And here is how it's attached. The frame is a lot shorter than the rod that connects the forks, so i had to use some parts from my ebike kit as spacers. And you can see at the top, how theres a small space where theres a flower nut that tightens on the bearings.
IMG_20210313_094849.jpg

IMG_20210313_094855.jpg

And yes i'm gonna clean it as well today, lol.

Oh great, just noticed the front tire is COMPLETELY flat! I just filled it with air a few days ago. There are no visible holes on the tire. What else could have punctured the inner tube? the wheel?

Is that a belted tire Mike?

If the belts break inside the tire from impact, it could cause a bumpy ride like you've described, and broken belts puncture inner tubes.

You have a few more issues with the forks and headset too that might be good to address as well.

Ride Safe! :cool:

HP

Thank you for the advice! What is a belted tire? You mean the inner lining to protect it from puncturing the inner tube?

I'll have to buy an inner tube I guess, but what else?

Okay reinstalled the shocks, theres no play at all now, not sure what was wrong maybe the flower nut was caught on the bearing and not seated in the middle.

IMG_20210313_152348.jpg

Okay the hole looks about the same in size but its not wiggling around now at least lol.

Last edited:
I think I found the reason for the bumpy ride. Or I may have. The tire is completely deflated. I can't even put air into it, the PSI doesnt't go up, like the inner tube is ripped or something. What if I was riding on the valve stem?? My poor tire!!! I know low pressure tires also feel slippery and hard to steer. It was probably that right? Small hole, pressure from riding made it bigger?

Okay reinstalled the shocks, theres no play at all now, not sure what was wrong maybe the flower nut was caught on the bearing and not seated in the middle.

View attachment 104011

Okay the hole looks about the same in size but its not wiggling around now at least lol.
If you can get or make a spacer to go between the fork head and steer tube it would keep it from backing out.

You were asking us if you needed new front forks, and it turns out it was just a flat tire :LOL:
Come on Mike, you gotta start checking the basics first.

Back