Weird spark plug adjustment?

Redneck biker

Local time
8:03 PM
I use a ngk br7hs and in order for it to work with my engine I have to have a close plug gap or else it doesnt work at all. It is like this with all plugs ad I’m not sure why? I feel like with a small plug gap I am loosing power but with a normal one the engine doesn’t run. Have no clue why what are your thoughts?

Something like .032-.035 is normal, that's less than a mm which is admittedly small if you're used to larger engines, look at a stihl chainsaw, smaller motor than these with an appropriate .020 gap, that's only half a millimeter!

I have found that every motor is different. some like a tight gap and some a big one my 50cc likes .038 and my 66cc likes .025. get it running first then get your carb adjusted and as well after break in and the oil fuel mix is changed. after all these things are tweeked it may actually like a different gap or maybe a different plug

I have found that every motor is different. some like a tight gap and some a big one my 50cc likes .038 and my 66cc likes .025. get it running first then get your carb adjusted and as well after break in and the oil fuel mix is changed. after all these things are tweeked it may actually like a different gap.
Yes, and some of it is just due to the lack of perfection between units, some cdi or mag coils may just be a bit weak and require a smaller gap than norm to pull off the jump.

Back