Welding differnces-MIg TIg

I have a very old 220V DC stick welder that works very well for heavy welding and would likely work well with a steel bike frames if you took the time to get used to it. but Ive tried welding aluminum with it and had no luck. (might need an AC welder) not sure. I had a cheap carbon arc set up given to me that hooks up to this welder and works very well for heating and bending. hardest thing I thought about welding aluminum (at work, not with above welder) was seeing the puddle. its not defined and easy to see like with steel.

Man I would love to start building bike like Iride ,but it would only be a hobbie cause I cant see a real demand for enough bikes at the price that I would have to charge to make a real living at it.
now if I can get a Discovery chanal spot...and make the bikes famos....I'd could see myself the OCC of the motorized bike world.

ok let the air out of my head now please! 8)

send them a letter with pictures of some of the nicest bikes. there are quite a few here on the forum. they do some off the wall stuff at OCC I saw one show where Mikey and someone tricked out store baught Mopeds and rode them into the city. so start with a one show spot on OCC and work it into a spinoff.

loco welder are you in the trade??? ....a lot of good info you gave for nebee welders...most people think you ca become a welder in a couple of weeks ..takes a couple of years..after 35 years I was still learning and developeing techniques....oh and It would have taken me a couple of weeks to type that post you did..good job

If you have a tubing bender,lathe, milling machine ,and a decent array of welding equipment...design about 5 frames and build them just to fit these HT motors ,,,you would be truly loved by all,,but would probably not make any money in the end... building the perfect frame in 5 models. $450.00 each at least...even after figureing out material cost to the 1/2 and other cost you still have the LIABILITY issue wich has done me in many times

MIG:
IMG_0234.jpg

TIG:
IMG_0195.jpg

Back