well balanced rack mount

quick update.the free wheel froze up on that rim and snapped the skinny bar that goes thru the hollow axle.so i had to get another rim with a solid axle and put the sprocket on it.was only down about a week if that.been about a month since i put the speedometer on and im only at 250 miles in a month.so im not putting the miles on this one that i did my friction drive.

im up to 450 miles.i remounted the back sprocket with rubber like they do on the happytime kits.i also did something a little different with the chain tensioner so the chain cant pop of of it.nnow i feel safe doing 40. :)

Nice build. Is that the Mistubishi TLE43?

The only issue I would have with a sprocket/brake combo is that you would need to be very careful when lubricating the chain, to avoid any lube getting on the brake pads...

eastwood, i really like your setup and am trying to do the same thing but my problem is that the pocket bike cvt reverses the drive so it has to drive the right side of the bike not the left like i want. did you run into this problem and how did you correct it?

hd freewheel hub

a pic of the hd freewheel hub.crappy pic.

Attachments

• 12_23_30.jpg
    12_23_30.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 561
Thanks for the info and the pic! Does that tranny reverse the drive? If it does, how are you driving the left side? Maybe I'm missing something.

Back