well balanced rack mount

eastwoodo4,

Have you ever opened up your gearbox/tranny/whatever you want to call it?

You will find that it is simply a chain drive - of about 3.5 to 1 reduction I think.

Like any chain drive, it does need to be kept clean and lubricated. With 600 miles on yours, I think a little service may be due!

Here's a link to an auction listing for one that shows it opened up:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/47cc...7563029QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Here's a link to the cheapest ones of these I have found at $35 shipped:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Gas-...temZ180360796487QQptZLHQ5fDefaultDomainQ5f100

There is another drive very similar in appearance to those above, but it has a single chain rather than the dual (or duplex?) chain and has a 3:1 reduction. It differs in outward appearance by NOT having the bolt in the center at the very back of the case.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
There is another drive very similar in appearance to those above, but it has a single chain rather than the dual (or duplex?) chain and has a 3:1 reduction. It differs in outward appearance by NOT having the bolt in the center at the very back of the case.

yeah thats the one i got.single chain.the single chain has one big chain instead of two little ones.

Last edited:
well i have 1050 miles on the speedometer now.

wanted to ad another thought.i cant put any motor with a 76mm clutch on this with no mods.bolt and go.

its now electric start.will get pics up sooner or later.i need to get a charge controller so i can charge the battery with the starter/generator.

NICE !!!!!!

that gets up to speed in a hurry !!!!!!! and you got to love the electric start, very impressive eastwood i take my hat of to all my fellow members who can go out and build their own rigs !!!!!!

Am the put bolt 1 in A hole, 2 bolt in B hole - type of guy, but hopefully i will soon (before i reach 50) get a chance to take some welding classes at the local community college then its watch out !!!!!!

Back