Well Finally Found an Answer to a Problem.

inspectorcritic

Local time
6:29 AM
Solid inner tubes and there at the size I ride 26. X 2.125 Bell use make them but they would only fit 26 x 175. To 195 and they stop making them. Maybe I'll stud my tires for this winter!
Screenshot_20201114-154432.png
Screenshot_20201114-154432.png
Screenshot_20201114-154409.png

The CORRECT answer to your problem is to buy a thorn resistant tube for $8 and install it in 10 min then fergetaboutit! 2 types of Mabbers, those who like to ride then those that like to fix imaginary problems! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If you want too make it larger from 1.75 or 1.95 too 2.15 or larger,,, cut a old tire too wrap arounds it and fasten it too the insert with hight speed tape...

You can all so make your on insert from Nylon rolling stock or other flexible high temperature like compounds

I'm hoping too find a super high pressure,,, high temperature semi hard foam roll for my fat tire bike,,, then make 2 opposing rim /// bead locks too keep the tire locked too the rim...

For slow speeds and a bit of Cuush,,, most folks enjoy the benifits of a soft ride,,, hard /// hard tires suck goats milk... Ha...

A bit of cuush is better then none...

2 rim /// bead locks should be enough to keep a none air pressure tire in place,,, 3 locks might be better...

Again,,, they would most likely work grate at slower speeds which would prevent excessive heat buildup...

Drill a hole in the rolling stock,,,, use a grinder too cut a ring all away around the part that will contact the tire,,, insert a fitting into the valve stem hole,,, then force Black high temperature Head Gasket RVT into the wheel...

Use the stuff that will cure with non air present,,, be warned,,, when it comes time to remove the tire when the old tread is gone and it needs a new gripper tire,,, you'll have too cut the old tire off cross or angle ways...

Remember,,, find a high temperature rolling stock that can handle the heat,,, weight of rider,,, and is not too heavy too cause extra rotating mass...

I'm about to experiment with this coming up for the 2021 year,,, I know one thing,,, I ain't paying $40 too $140 per insert when I can make my own for pennies on the dollar...

Don

That's too much s**t to go through I would rather pay $40.00 even if I had to fly a sign to get it. Sounds like a 3-day project.

Back