Well Here's My Toy So Far...

I attempted to place this lil 80cc toy on a 20 inch Schwinn Fastback to no avail, then was going to place it on a 52-53-ish Schwinn to once again, no avail (didn't want to have to modify TOO much) so after checking out some local yard sales, found this 75 Schwinn Continental (never seen a 26inch frame like this one identical TO THE 20 INCH FASTBACK LOL) for a nice price of $10 with wheels, tires, fenders, crank & chain guard, so anyways, here's the toy, still have a few bugs to work out, but so far it's a good start I think. I'm fighting the chain right now, when I try to pedal it with the clutch in, doesn't move, when I take the cover off and turn the nut with a ratchet, turns and moves fine...(plus I'm a newbie who likes the hands on approach to fixing and adjusting things lol)

3062_DSCI0002_1.jpg

3062_DSCI0004_1.jpg

3062_DSCI0003_1.jpg

3062_DSCI0005_1.jpg

srdavo: now you're talking lol when you find that 12 pedal crank program let me know, because the ideas are rolling through my head now lol and I have to agree with you, the fatty front would indeed be pretty tough looking, I'll snap some pics of what the dyno/occ looks like so far

Oh yeah, I told you guys wrong, I thought the chain guard on this said Continental, but nope, a Collegiate, and MAN do I need to do a ballooner bike, these skinny tires are ouch-ness to say the least
Well, I've been in the process of breaking her in, and I'll try it with at least 1 full tank of gas, and today I've put 28 miles on her, and **** doesn't even looked like it used a drop of gas, lol, I also did the cut off the tube in the muffler mod to it, which made me a happy camper,I can't count how many stares, and how many questions I've had to answer with this thing. I also found some of the reproduction wally world Schwinn manta-ray decals I had laying around and threw them on the tank (for now that is) as well as wired up a tail light and headlight (not pictured) man all I can say is I'm hooked. Still breaking this in and I want to start 2 more projects as well. lol

Attachments

• Dsci0007.jpg
    Dsci0007.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 336
  • Dsci0005.jpg
    Dsci0005.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 351
  • Dsci0008.jpg
    Dsci0008.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 354
  • Dsci0006.jpg
    Dsci0006.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 358
Last edited by a moderator:
great classic look with a modern power plant! It don't get much better than that
Great looker ya got there.

Papa

Dude I love it! I've a number of motored bikes over the years and when I did this frame (camelback Schwinn) I wanted the narrow wheels for less rolling resitance, to see if I got a bit more speed out of it;but yeah, you are absolutely right about the rough ride factor.
You'll find a smoother ride from your fat tire when you build it I'd bet.
I have to admit though I really like the look of these frames, and if one were chopped and set up to accept a ballooner rear wheel, with middleweight forks and front wheel I bet you'd really have a slick motored cruiser.
Keep up the great work and have yourself a few thousand miles of smiles on 'er!

wow, coming from a guy who rode to Portland the distance you did I'll take that as a definite compliment. yeah I'm thinking of doing just that like you said, but **** I have a lot of ideas running through my head.​

Got my decals in today, and just had to show them off around town. I also ordered my motor mounts and exhaust for my OCC project, that came in today, and well just HAD to hook the exhaust up to he lil 80cc bundle of joy, and after a little "tweaking" I'm SO IMPRESSED, not only do loud pipes save lives, even gave me a little more pep from take off, now sadly I'll have to order 2 more exhausts from Barry in Ohio, one for the occ and one for the dyno/occ stretch lol, I think I'm loving this addiction.

Attachments

• Dsci0001.jpg
    Dsci0001.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 191
  • Dsci0004.jpg
    Dsci0004.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 208
  • Dsci0005.jpg
    Dsci0005.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 199
  • Dsci0008.jpg
    Dsci0008.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 214
  • Dsci0007.jpg
    Dsci0007.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 185
Dude I love the pic.s!!! You have a good eye with the camera.
I like the steel bridge one's, they are very "Wyman-esque"...
BTW- the ride to Portland was a bust, unfortunately I only rode about 70 miles all in all, but this is about your bike not my ride ;-)
I'm glad your enjoying it.
I'm telling ya' this is the first sickness I've ever thanked anyone for...
LOL
The virus spreads and and the smiles grow!

Back