Well I thought it was a carb issue...

View attachment 76979 View attachment 76980

Is this normal? It seems like a 100psi is all I can get
These are picture of the old jug but shows TDC one the sleeve
You are running into a unusual set of circumstances. No that is far from normal. Show us a pic. of the piston. I have sent info to two diff, suppliers that they are advertising their top ends in error. they have their piston types crossed. I am fairly certain you have taken the brunt of their bulls**t. the top of the outer edge of the piston should be near the eased area at the top of the cylinder.View media item 60317[GALLERY

His looks good, he's just measuring where the rings stopped in the cylinder but doesn't realize it, the top of the piston will sit higher than where the ruler sits.

Yes, I didn't think of that.

I changed head gasket as well, I'm at a loss now. Bottom bearings?
Got 100psi torqued to 130

Gee wiz! Don't over heat these things!

Only thing I didn't change was the piston pin bearing but there was no movement in it

You are running into a unusual set of circumstances. No that is far from normal. Show us a pic. of the piston. I have sent info to two diff, suppliers that they are advertising their top ends in error. they have their piston types crossed. I am fairly certain you have taken the brunt of their bulls**t. the top of the outer edge of the piston should be near the eased area at the top of the cylinder.View media item 60317[GALLERY
bit late tonight
But will do that check tomorrow

Thanks Gary

Actullay Gary you may be on to something
Thats leaves 2mm
That's the old jug and piston

I'll pull it apart tomorrow again and torque the barrel down and see what I end up with

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Well you answered your own problem, your piston sits about 2mm too low in the cylinder. Best option is deck it so it looks more like Gary's pic. Maybe start with a mm or so, and then measure the compression, go till you like what you see, aim for 125-135 range.

Actullay Gary you may be on to something
Thats leaves 2mm
That's the old jug and piston

I'll pull it apart tomorrow again and torque the barrel down and see what I end up with
Look forward to seeing where the new piston sits at TDC. If it is way down let us have a look at the piston and the markings on the rod. Their are a number of variables that can rob your compression. Here's another.

Last edited:
Well you answered your own problem, your piston sits about 2mm too low in the cylinder. Best option is deck it so it looks more like Gary's pic. Maybe start with a mm or so, and then measure the compression, go till you like what you see, aim for 125-135 range.

I couldn't of done without you and Gary, big thanks as it started with what I thought was just a carb problem

Look forward to seeing where the new piston sits at TDC. If it is way down let us have a look at the piston and the markings on the rod. Their are a number of variables that can rob your compression. Here's another.

Will do Gary

IMG_0713.JPG
Well I'm waiting for divorce papers but I think it's worth it.

Pick up tomorrow
Or is this going to far to deck a jug?

Now I want everyone to understand, I did it for my son.

Back