Well I thought it was a carb issue...

View attachment 76995 Well I'm waiting for divorce papers but I think it's worth it.

Pick up tomorrow
Or is this going to far to deck a jug?

Now I want everyone to understand, I did it for my son.
As long as it fits in one of your rooms and keeps you warm at night then I guess go right ahead.

View attachment 76995 Well I'm waiting for divorce papers but I think it's worth it.

Pick up tomorrow
Or is this going to far to deck a jug?

Now I want everyone to understand, I did it for my son.
That's a nice rig! I have a simmular set up but I dont see how you could use it for decking a jug!I have both a three and four jaw self centering heads for the lathe but I cant chuck a cylinder in etheir IMO it would need a jig to allow the use of the tail stock and live center.You really cant clamp it true perfectly in just the head as I found it's always just a little out when I set the dial indicator just at the top edge inside the jug and spin it up slowly I have had it true but then when you spin it at cutting speed it shifts abit not being concentricly shaped I guess.I use the mill for boring out carbs,doing the balence holes in cranks,changing 6mm studs to 8mm and stuff like that and the lathe is great with the dial indicator for truing the crank, making velosity stacks and small parts like stand offs and custom hardware!

Attachments

• 2017-01-26 11.40.44.jpg
    2017-01-26 11.40.44.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 2017-01-26 11.41.56.jpg
    2017-01-26 11.41.56.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 126
That's a nice rig! I have a simmular set up but I dont see how you could use it for decking a jug!I have both a three and four jaw self centering heads for the lathe but I cant chuck a cylinder in etheir IMO it would need a jig to allow the use of the tail stock and live center.You really cant clamp it true perfectly in just the head as I found it's always just a little out when I set the dial indicator just at the top edge inside the jug and spin it up slowly I have had it true but then when you spin it at cutting speed it shifts abit not being concentricly shaped I guess.I use the mill for boring out carbs,doing the balence holes in cranks,changing 6mm studs to 8mm and stuff like that and the lathe is great with the dial indicator for truing the crank, making velosity stacks and small parts like stand offs and custom hardware!

Now that's a nice set up

It has a mill and it has enough z-axis travel and about 110 x and y travel
I'm sure I can get it to work

I've gone with a 30mm milling head, I have lot to learn still so I'm a novice if at all

A mate and I will be doing other things with it but did hope to deck the block

Last edited:
As long as it fits in one of your rooms and keeps you warm at night then I guess go right ahead.

Going up to my factory for space, but I will be keeping it warm :)

The wife was ok but fear it has gone in the ammunition file she has on me.

street Rydezs
Is that a massive calculator!?

Can I ask where you got it? that would be very handy for some of my machines at work and would be an awesome addition just against a wall like yours

street Rydezs
Is that a massive calculator!?

Can I ask where you got it? that would be very handy for some of my machines at work and would be an awesome addition just against a wall like yours
LOL yes gaint calculator was a blow out sale item at Princess Auto here in Canada but I'm sure you could find it online flee bay and such!And yeah it's real handy being right there and don't even have to take gloves off to use it!

IMG_0718.JPG image.jpg Well, got nothing done except bolt the lathe together
Hopefully finish it off tomorrow with the mill adaption

But a bit of an update for Gary on the piston TDC

Just out of curiosity, what would happen if I remove the bottom gasket with ports etc?

Last edited:
Back