Well I wrecked the Bike

stealthc9

Local time
10:16 PM
well i finished the vintage bike look, and on the huffy crankbrook i even support the fender even more in the front well, i gfuess that doesnt matter if u are swerving and slowing down quick from a car cutting u off when ur doing 35mph.

Well the fender wrapped around the wheel and i flipped the bike broke the rear motor mount and bent the back wheel.

Well i'm gonna get the wheel fixed, and buy a new tire. So I've been deciding on a motorcycle to buy when i get my license back. I've decided on a suzuki gs550t when i get my license back, as long as this guy still has it cuz i wanna do a cafe racer bike build....well i figure in the mean time i'll do a cafe racer build on a beach cruiser, using a banana seat, choppin the seat post down so my bana seat sits flush.

Headlight i may do a springer front end or i might just add a headlight like one of those. either way fenders on this bike are a no, front or rear. altho if i hadnt been riding down this certain street it probably wouldnt have happened and the guy probably through i was just some slow bicycle.

fortunately i didn't even tear my clothing, i had a hurt knee and a bloody lump on my shin. but all in all i escaped fine.

Last edited:
Glad your OK,
ya I have thought about fenders but I have read to many fender incidents.

the bike is still down, i'm gonna get a new wheel ...and i'm no longer going to use a coaster brake i'm just gonna put a front brake on from one of my other bikes....i think i might buy the new wheel wheel when i buy my trike

I just had my first wreck yesterday because my huffy rear fender wrapped around the rear tire. I"m not sure how fast I was going but I left 105 ft of marks before I went down. My knee got it good too from a curb. Live and learn. :giggle:

Hope you are okay Madman.Sorry to hear about the bad news.Those fenders can really mess a guy up.Pretty easy to overlook a problem with them.

Preventive Maintenance is always a good thing with Mb's. Always check everything over before riding,it only takes a couple of minutes to do and saves alot of pain in the end.:sick:

At my age things do not seem to heal as fast as they once did,go figure.:D:D

Yea Iam thinking about trashing my front fender, It's kinda cheap..
and I know it's just a matter time

All the same, wet weather is perfectly miserable without fenders.

I just won't do without them.

but you guys have reminded me to inspect them and to give some serious thought to some serious reinforcement.

Back