Well, Im almost done and I can 'taste' how good it will be

Great job! Cheers and High 5! It's a darn good feeling, isn't it?
Must have been something in the air last night. Got my bike running after 3 weeks down time, would not have been able to do it without Augi and MBc (but I'll start myown thread). Congratulations on a job well done, you should be very proud of yourself. Your journey has only just begun, and is off to a great start.
Those poor germs will miss all the fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
only those who have ridden these things can appreciate fully how awesome it is.
i couldn't ask for a better thread to read with my first coffee :)

from the community..."thank you" & "well done!" :cool:

ps-in many states, blinking red lights are illegal. also, i've heard talk of the "moth syndrome" whereas a drunk driver will not only stare at, but will have a tendancy to steer at, blinking lights. there are some great topics on lighting here, i'm sure you've seen a few. myself, i'm developing a self-contained 12v lighting and safety system that i hope to be able to recommend as an "off-the-shelf" project for other riders.

Man get yourself an electric wire lug like the ones found in breaker boxes. almost always aluminum. You can pick one up for a buck or so at a hardware store.
They work fantastic and you don't have to fiddle with that little brass screw on the clutch cable. BTW, good job!
Doc

i bet you can find one not doing it's job on some cable- or telephone-grounding wire along the back of the house.

Yup, you are so right Augie, I just killed the neighbors electric and had it extracted in less than 15 minutes. The bad part was the dog got to me in 14 minutes. Oh well, I'll just go take some more Happy time pills. LEGAL
Doc

Electric wire lug

Is this what you guys are talking about? See attached

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 168
like this. there's many other kinds, this is just a quick example. for replacing the brass lock on the clutch cable:
2447049786.jpg

Back