well ****, kit doesnt fit my bike frame??

stackz

Local time
3:43 AM
I dont get it, the bike is a pretty standard $50 walmart mountain bike with 26" tires and pretty common looking mountain bike frame...

the engine wont physically fit inside the frame. gotta be a specific type of mountain bike??

ok got it but I have to notch the frame (dent) it to clear the mounting studs.

gotta figure out how to extend the studs on the gas tank too...my frame is chunky :???:

if it don't fit -- then it don't fit ---- bummer
that reminds me of the OJ saying -- we wish not to go there !!!!!

at least you only spent 50 bucks --- the bummer could have been worse

but it does make it hard to ride that thing stackz ---------------------- MM

well I think it MAY be saveable.

I Pulled the engine mounting studs and the spark plug out and it fit on the frame. I then just swapped sides with the mounting studs and it fits right in there.

but it wont fit with the spark plug. I think I can solve this by using a low profile marine plug which will give me the 1/2" space I need.

what kind of angle can these engines operate at and what angle is too extreme for the chain drive??

If I could tilt the engine forward a little and kick the back up a little, it would fit perfect but I dont know if that would be bad or not??

DSCN2972.JPG

DSCN2973.JPG

Granted it is in backwards, but sitting the correct way, does it have room for the pedal crank?

That is an aweful small frame you have there....

no yet, got it on correctly and it fits pretty darn good.

now I'm completely stuck on the clutch cable. got the handle installed but cant for the life of me tell by the grainy pic in the instructions how to assemble the spring portion to the clutch??

oh yeah, my clutch points out perpendicular to the frame and then swings to parallel with the frame.

should I loosen the swing arm and move it inward?? I'd hate to keep bashing my leg on that thing...

This photo should help. The large spring goes over the cable housing to keep it away from the engine. The other spring is useless, it only makes pulling the clutch harder. The position of the clutch is where it should start. As you pull the clutch handle it will move toward the center of the bike. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Clutch2.jpg
    Clutch2.jpg
    599.2 KB · Views: 348
ok one more question for the clutch. how long should the motion be and should it be HARD the whole time?? only ask because the following two pics show all the free travel it has where it can free swing..

basically free swing it in and then set it and only have a LITTLE bit of pull or what??

DSCN2976.JPG

DSCN2977.JPG

as for the engine. I got it in, I did take that extra bracket and cut off the initial U portion for the back engine bracket so that the engine wouldnt vibrate left/right. had to flatten out the lower engine bracket so it would fit over the two studs which I had to bend out a little and then hit back in some to get around the frame. plug is easy to get in/out now.

gas tank went on with no trouble.

ahhh the intake manifold. I modified the air filter housing internally to get some more room. and then I had to whip out the butane torch on the metal throat and bend it down a little as well as cut 1/4" off the throat neck and the carb fits in there now.

DSCN2978.JPG

now I'm just trying to figure out how to cut the chain as I have NEVER done this before. I tried cutting the first link off with my bolt cutters but the center dowel wont come out??

any kinda picture tutorials on how to do this properly before I break out the hacksaw??

Back