well ****, kit doesnt fit my bike frame??

ok got the clutch figured out, thanks for the pic/explanation :)

now I'm stuck on the chain cutting...

The clutch is difficult to pull, which is why I suggested to not use the spring between the cable adjuster and the clutch arm.

On the carb. The carb must be sitting straight up and down. Because the float inside will not work on its side.

For the chain, go buy a chain breaker. You can get them at most bike or motorcycle shops.

ok well then it looks like I'm done for the night. I'll go grab a chain breaker tomorrow...give me a chance to get a better seat too.

as for the carb, you are 100% right, I had a brain fart with that one. went back and looked and can even see the drain port at the bottom of the bowl.:rolleyes:

looks like I'll be getting some steel pipe and plate tomorrow and making my own straighter and shorter intake pipe. I shall dub it a "short ram intake" :p

will post pics when I either make progress or go mental and burn the bike down :devilish:

alright well I got everything bolted to the bike and got the chain adjusted properly so its not falling off anymore.

now I've got a problem with fuel leaking at the fuel valve and a no start condition.

how can I test to see if the plug is firing?? I was thinking of lifting the back wheel off the ground and rotating it with the plug in my hand pointed at a bolt on the engine (like I do when I test for fire on a normal 4stroke). I would hope the brand new magneto isnt bad...

also, on the carb, which position is choke and which is run?? up or down??

I'm draining the gas tank and I'm going to open up the fuel valve and see if it is the valve itself or the crappy red seal. I think its the seal and if thats the case then once it all dries out I've got some gas proof rtv I'm going to put on the threads as well as on both sides of the seal to stop the leaking.

alright got the fuel sorted out. no more leaks. used teflon tape on the tank thread portion and zipties on the connectors pulled down tight. no more leaks :D

but still got the no start problem ugh...

I'm getting good fuel at least into the fuel bowl.

Unhook the kill switch and make things as easy as possible....

Pull the spark plug out, lay it on the head and check for spark.....

it was flooded out. basically pedaled as fast as I possible could then popped the clutch and pulled the throttle and it came to life, sputtered a bunch and then smoothed out and has been able to crank easily since then :cool:

i think that is too vertical, you will most likely have some problems.

1. the chain will hit the bottom of the gear cover and bolt.
2. you're carb is sideways, it will leak gas everywhere. This kind of carb will not function sideways (the float).

Back