Well, she's about to blow at 2,238 miles

S

Simonator

My happy time is vibrating like crazy and sounds horrible. The first thing I checked was to make sure it was mounted good to the frame. The mounts have came loose and caused excess vibration in the past. Well, it is solid. The bearings must have took a dump already. I have no idea how you guys are getting 6,000 miles out of these chinese junk motors. I didn't even ride mine that hard. I cruised at 20-22 mph with the 44T sprocket, and 23-24 with the 40T. I mixed my fuel 20:1. Oh well. Time to buy another disposable motor.

Yep got one summer out of my board tracker with a happy time then saved my penniesfor a while and bought a Whizzer.

Attachments

• IMG_2493_2.jpg
    IMG_2493_2.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 356
Maybe its time to upgrade? You've already gone through two of these already when will enough be enough?

Man oh man -- that's not very many miles. I guess that it's all in what we are looking for - I just want to ride and avoid as many break downs as possible - especially the BIG Break Down.. Ride That Thing - Mountainman

Slick 50

Any of you guys ever slick 50 a motor?

Seems it would be easy to pull the jug (top end) dump in 1/4 quart, shake arround and spill out excess.

Somebody had to do it here?

Any of you guys ever slick 50 a motor?

Seems it would be easy to pull the jug (top end) dump in 1/4 quart, shake arround and spill out excess.

Somebody had to do it here?

Actually thats not so bad an idea, although I would add it to the fuel mix myself.

The key to HT's lasting is simple - building one that is made of decent components. From all the threads on here I think a part that would solve alot of problems is a chrome plated cylinder along with decent studs etc. This would stop the piston slop that these engines get which would mean the bearings would last longer (even high quality bearings will fail if sumbmitted to forces they arent designed for).

Jemma xx

Maybe its time to upgrade? You've already gone through two of these already when will enough be enough?

Believe me, I would LOVE to. The problem is I am broke. If I had $600 laying around, I would get a GEBE. I don't want to pedal everywhere again. So, I am going to have to come up with $100 to purchase another crappy time. I'll try not to ride this one as much. That way I can save up for a quality kit before it blows.

I'll take a little guess here. If a good engine should run for at least 600 hours - with a fair all around average speed of 15 miles an hour --- 9,000 miles before turning to toast ?? Ride That Thing - Mountainman

If my all around average speed was 18 mph, I got about 125 hours out of it..... BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :cry:

Back