Well... That Sounded Bad

How hard is it to replace the crank seal? Do I have to remove the engine (sure would be nice to be able to do all this while the engine is mounted)...

Is this it:

Also... the clutch repair kit above... doesn't mention 100cc though I am never sure if they are talking Chinese CC or US CC.... in any case... is that kit the correct kit?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
How hard is it to replace the crank seal? Do I have to remove the engine (sure would be nice to be able to do all this while the engine is mounted)...

Is this it:

Also... the clutch repair kit above... doesn't mention 100cc though I am never sure if they are talking Chinese CC or US CC.... in any case... is that kit the correct kit?
The Phantom uses 2 of the wide seals (7.5mm) from that picture.

They can be replaced easily with the engine still in place. Once the bevel gear is removed, simply remove the key from the crankshaft and you can extract the seal. There are a couple of ways people do it, but I have found a couple of wood screws driven into the old seal, and a pair of pliers to pull on them works well. Others may have other suggestions.

As for that clutch kit, most of it is usable. The cylinder gaskets aren't, but everything clutch and bevel gear related definitely is, as are the outer case cover seals.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Would I be replacing both seals or just one (I assume just one ... from that side of the motor)... right?

Would I be replacing both seals or just one (I assume just one ... from that side of the motor)... right?
You may not have to replace any, but I am cautious when it comes to metal shards in proximity to seal surfaces. I would replace just the one behind the bevel gear. You could do both if it made you feel better inside.

How much of a pain in the backside is it to separate the large clutch gear from the center clutch part? Would it be worth it to purchase already assembled?

How much of a pain in the backside is it to separate the large clutch gear from the center clutch part? Would it be worth it to purchase already assembled?
There is not too much to that clutch kit to begin with.

ENG2S66-CRK__12106.jpg

Zeda-Clutch-Exploded-View.jpg

Take note of the parts in the amazon listing... it includes 17 but WITHOUT the center... that's what I'm talking about. How hard is it to separate those two pieces and would it be worth it to purchase it "whole" (for more money of course)?

9Ringgear-01__04512.1521827708.jpg

vs

s-l500.jpg

How hard is it to separate those two pieces and would it be worth it to purchase it "whole" (for more money of course)?
I don't think I would even want to risk damaging or warping the clutch pad cage just to try and force the center into it myself, just my thought on this.

I am a little confused. Now, I did go and buy the whole "assembled" clutch (similar to the one at bottom in above post)... but why are there so many selling just the "gear cage" section without the center bearings (top photo in post above)... yet I can't find any video of just HOW that center section comes out from the gear "cage" and vice-versa.

How does that work?

I am a little confused. Now, I did go and buy the whole "assembled" clutch (similar to the one at bottom in above post)... but why are there so many selling just the "gear cage" section without the center bearings (top photo in post above)... yet I can't find any video of just HOW that center section comes out from the gear "cage" and vice-versa.

How does that work?
It's just a press fit.

Back